PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Year Without A Santa Claus is the only Christmas movie I ever liked. Heat Miser v. Snow Miser... Always loved those guys!
I want to see a live-action version done by Danny Devito and James Woods.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I want to be...a dentist!"
6aDmS2E.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is THE epic of all TV Xmas specials.
I've got a weakness for A Charlie Brown Christmas and its quiet profundity. I seek this one out every year.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Christmas Story is number one for me. The time period it is set in has a lot to do with it I admit. Always been a fan of things from that era. I love Christmas Vacation but it hits a little to close to home to be number one. Every time I watch it I can't help but realize I have or had a relative that fits every member of the Griswolds' extended family. Bill Murray's Scrooge is another favorite. I had totally forgotten about Emmett Otter. Going to have to try and catch that this year.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great thread. Not been a regular of any particular one, 'cept maybe Miracle on 34th St., and It's a Wonderful Life. Lots to look forward to.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
1. Emmett Otter's jug band Christmas

2. Any of the Rudolph specials.

3. Charlie Brown

4. Oliver. Though not technically a Christmas movie, pbs always shows it this time of year and I have fond memories of sitting around the tree and watching it.

As a family, we watch most all of those mentioned above, especially Nightmare Before Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street and White Christmas.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Every movie mentioned in this tread are GREAT. I've watched them all countless times. It's just that Clark Griswold and I seem to share the same lunacy in life. Shit just happens to us. :nana:

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
My all time favorite is White Christmas, but Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation and Christmas with the Kranks are all in the holiday rotation for me.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
All of the above... Rudolph does take me back to my childhood.
No one mentioned Bad Santa? :rofl:

Dec 28, 2015
Christmas Story (but my wife hates it -so that's tricky)

Rudolph (for the same reasons that Beefeater stated so eloquently)

Home Alone (I know it's corny but the last 30 minutes or so when he is tormenting Devito and Stern makes me laugh out loud)

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Come to think of it, aren't Trading Places and Die Hard Xmas movies?
Naah ... I guess that's pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.