PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
Today after an eye appointment, I went out on a long cruise on my motorcycle through the countryside. It was a perfect 75 and sunny in Pennsylvania, and the ride was glorious. My destination of sorts (though I was determined to get there in the most round about way possible) was a coin shop that had recently started carrying fine tobacco. A member of the pipe club had recommended it to me, so I thought I'd check it out. I bought a few bulks and enjoyed a cigar with a few guys up there while. The owner also gifted me with a bowlful or so of Revelation from 1960. it was the real deal, madee by Phillip Morris, and praised by Einstein. I am stoked, to say the least.
Now, the question is, what do I smoke it in. My clays, though nice, never smoke as nicely as a briar. My briars are dedicated to broad categories like burley or English. My cobs might fit the bill, as I have both an English cob and a burley one. I also have a meer I smoke burley and Virginias in. I don't have much. What do you think I should do to get the maximum out of this precious tobacco?

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Cob.
I have smoked a lot of Revelation, a very fine tobacco, given te right circumstances.
I will ne'er forget my finest smoke of this blend.
I was on my way to work, early, around 5am. It was cold, cold enough to thi Texan at least. I loaded a quick bowl of revelation in a cob, an MM Golfer from the 60s. I lit my bowl, cracked my window and was on my way. I experienced a plethora of flavors, chocolate from the burley used, a hint I Latakia, given how sparingly it was used. Nice touches of leather, fresh. Smoked it slowly, real slow, and will never forget that smoke.
Honestly, one of the most e memorable I have ever come across.

Aug 1, 2012
Not too much experience here but I always try my new blends in a cob, meer or both if I have enough.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
I'm up in the Northeast, mmjk. I was leaning toward the meer because it lacks much of a ghost, but I'm still unsure. I'll review it soon with whatever I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.