PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PadrePiper887

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
Hello there! I have a small collection of morta pipes I got from ebay. They are branded as "Oleg" pipes. Ukranian morta I presume. The pipes are covered with a thick black coating to make it look black That's why I am suspicious if they are really authentic. Your thoughts are most welcome.1865186618671868

Reactions: bluegrasspipe

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
I've heard that the color of morta can vary upon its age, black being the oldest and rather "young" morta being more brownish. It sure looks like morta, but maybe the color could be artificial. Never had an Oleg pipe so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

PadrePiper887

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
I've heard that the color of morta can vary upon its age, black being the oldest and rather "young" morta being more brownish. It sure looks like morta, but maybe the color could be artificial. Never has an Oleg pipe so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Thank you alexj!

Reactions: alexj52

blackgecko

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
Hello there! I have a small collection of morta pipes I got from ebay. They are branded as "Oleg" pipes. Ukranian morta I presume. The pipes are covered with a thick black coating to make it look black That's why I am suspicious if they are really authentic. Your thoughts are most welcome.View attachment 1865View attachment 1866View attachment 1867View attachment 1868

how do they smoke? i saw those on sale and im really thinking on getting one or two of them ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't morta supposed to be notably light weight for its size? Are these notably light weight? Hope I have that right. I don't own a morta.

PadrePiper887

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
Hello there guys, they smoke decent. And yes, they're considerably light as compared to some of my briars.

PadrePiper887

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
Any comparison you can make? would you recommend buying it?
This is definitely morta wood, but not black morta. Brown maybe. They say brown morta is younger, a couple of hundred years old as compared to black morta which is thousands of years old. It's a decent smoker. If you're on a budget and want morta you can give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.