PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a guy in my mid-twenties, originally from Finland but at the moment studying in the UK. I picked up my first pipe about a month ago (a Viking Classic Skagen bent apple) after having been enjoying cigars for a few years and wanting something different and more suitable to be enjoyed whilst on flyfishing or hunting trips. I already have my second pipe on it's way, a Bjarne Nielsen Handmade F that I happened to find online and just couldn't let it go. It seems the PAD can hit rather severely from the very begining as I am already eyeing up a Nording freehand as well... for some reason the Danish pipes seem to draw me towards themselves.

Lastly, I am fortunate to have a great brick and mortar tobacconist in walking distance where from I buy my tobaccos and accessories and where I bought my Viking, the pipe shop of Southbourne which I can recommend if any member ever finds themselves in Dorset area of the United Kingdom. The Pipe Shop - https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThePipeShop/

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
for some reason the Danish pipes seem to draw me towards themselves.
I know that feeling very well.?

004-001-15775.8500.jpg

Welcome aboard from Central Kentucky!

Reactions: saintpeter

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Welcome aboard from Florida. I own quite a few Ben Wade and Preben Holm pipes, and fully understand the attraction.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
The UK Is fine place to be for pipe smoker, great blends all around there, though quite pricey but not that much where the undersigned does reside, so Welcome to the forums and best greets from Finland-(southern seaside)

Oct 20, 2019
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

The UK Is fine place to be for pipe smoker, great blends all around there, though quite pricey but not that much where the undersigned does reside, so Welcome to the forums and best greets from Finland-(southern seaside)

Nice to see a fellow Finn. Unfortunately I have to agree that the selection is not too great in the whole of Finland. I will definitely be building a cellar with tobacco bought from here before I come to Finland for good.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Nice to see a fellow Finn. Unfortunately, I have to agree that the selection is not too great in the whole of Finland. I will definitely be building a cellar with tobacco bought from here before I come to Finland for good.
an absolute must, I'd advise You to check out some of the G&Hoggarth offerings, yet Condor Long Cut,St Brunos RR and J Germains Rich Dark Flake, feel free to PM me If You feel you may like to have some more detailed info on this subject, Best Greets to Britain,

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Finnish-American was one of two friends I joined for a road trip to Florida after high school in one of the guy's American Motors Rambler. Naturally, we drove too fast. Luckily, nothing blew. My Finn friend told us the names of some of his extended family members. I wouldn't know how to render them in writing, but I can still say one of them by memory. Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.