PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
Greetings from Alabama. Smoking pipes since ‘87. Guess what sums me up best is I have one well used pipe that has traveled to 5 continents with me over the past 30 years.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome!
It'd be good to see such a treasured friend as your pipe.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
Thx. This might work.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2CO-sedSVOi2zeFa9js_ruuY1Y3q6T_AAsdsAV0Rexxyz0GOnoRQoHwtef6jwR5IImT1RYrSfQ=w650-h366-n-no

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome to the forum! That pipe does, indeed, look well loved. Nice looking rim for 30 years of use.
Is that a padded wall with rebar reinforcement? Is there anything we should know about you? :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
I regularly spit on the rim and rub the soot away. The mouthpiece however is bit through. I keep my head down....

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
No, those are wire mesh rectangles with a cloth lining we fill up with soil and rock to stop inbound rounds and artillery also to provide cover and concealment. Not a current servicemen as he is in woodland camo. Also not issue footwear. So probably a civilian contractor who is a vet. I was smoking my Pete Sherlock Holmes Watson and became inspired, how close am I?
Also welcome to the forum!

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
LTC USA, still AD. Stationed at Redstone currently. Actually those are summer issue but lousy boots, wore them out after 5 months

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum and I hope to have a travel pipe with me for 30 years! With my luck, I will probably break it right before I lose it!
Merry Christmas!

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
SSG, Airborne Infantry, nice to meet you sir. I got hurt in 2000, put to pasture in 2002. Those were summer issue, look like tennis shoe boots. I believe they we're not very good!

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks SSG. 10th MTN. Not great footwear for light infantry, everyone blew out of them in 2012.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Been smoking a pipe since '91 here. Welcome aboard, and here's that pic of your well traveled buddy.
2CO-sedSVOi2zeFa9js_ruuY1Y3q6T_AAsdsAV0Rexxyz0GOnoRQoHwtef6jwR5IImT1RYrSfQ=w650-h366-n-no

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks all. Michael, never heard of “The Briary in Homewood” prior to now. Definitely a worthy day trip from here. Have yet to explore the area. Have found one good brick n mortar tobacco store in Huntsville so far. ‘Humidor Pipe Shop” Some old, some discontinued, tins in the back. Mostly a cigar shop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.