Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gmwolford

Preferred Member
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I got this old meerschaum bowl in a lot a few months ago now I guess. It's been a work in progress but I fina;;y have it finished.

I posted more photos and a complete write up on Reborn Pipes if you are interested.

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Wow Greg, that's a beauty! I only have a couple of Meerschaum pipes, and have never been drawn to them, as I like the looks of briar better. But the coloring on that is great! Nice job, keep up the good work.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What a great story Greg! I don't know how I missed this post from two weeks ago, but it is terrific.

Your gifts in pipe restoration are rivaled only by your writing. Beautiful job on a great looking pipe. :clap:

brian64

Preferred Member
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice meer...beautiful coloring and a unique shape. Glad to see it given a new life...enjoy.

toby67

Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I look forward to reading your blog on reborn pipes. That pipe pictured above is an absolute stunner, your truly gifted. I'm actually envious.

gmwolford

Preferred Member
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you gents for the kind words about both my work and word-smithing. The old meer did, indeed, come out rather well IMHO. I just love seeing these old pipes reborn to new life again.

pilgrim

Jan 22, 2015
wow; i wish i knew all i need to know..now. i have to learn so i can fix my first and only meer. On yours, does the stem tenon just push right into the meerschaum shank? is there any sort of teflon piece or something in there to mate up with the stem? i was unclear to me as i've only skimmed your article....she's a bute btw