PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
California state senator Leland Yee, a man who had open disdain for anyone who smoked, owned firearms, or played video games was arrested on gun trafficking and corruption charges. This guy wanted to impose insane fees or "fines" if you will, on those who smoked, owned firearms, or bought or sold "violent" video games. Since I enjoy all three, I'll admit to feeling some relief after seeing this gentleman finally being stuffed into the back of a squad car.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25423273/leland-yee-indicted-corruption-bay-area-fbi-state-senator

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
HERE!!!! HERE!!!!! I'm happy for you and all California Pipe Smokers,Gun Owners,and Video Game Buffs.

:lol:

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
My bad Buddy just assumed. Yeah you're right about that,all these politicians with one simple mindset that if cigarettes are bad for you Cigars and Pipes must be just as awful. :crazy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
How does the race card play into this?
Yee has has invoked The Scarlet R on a number of occasions. The shark fin ban comes to mind, and he fanned the flames on gun issues several times.

I'm not being flip here. Just predicting what has already happened.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
This was the lead story on the evening news last night here ... trailboss hit the nail squarely on the head when he described Yee as a certifiable turd ... sadly, he's not in jail awaiting a trial but with a bit of luck, he'll be convicted on the charges and will spend some time in prison ... I'm sure his new "roommates there will be very happy to see him and will make him feel right at home ... so to speak ...

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Many happy returns from across the pond. I love politicians like this, they're such bastards you just know there's something dodgy going on. Over here they're usually serial womanisers or homosexuals, or more commonly these days, tax thieves.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Truth is stranger than fiction. I don't think anyone in their wildest imagination could have guessed this character was actually running guns for organized crime.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So let me get this straight... the guy was anti-gun but then conspired to run guns illegally? That makes no sense.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
How many times have you seen the biggest naysayers and anti's turn out to be deep into the very thing they were protesting against? "Do as I say, not as I do", the rallying cry of the holier than thou.
Nice to see come come-up-ance for a change.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
This reminds me of the little britain apologizing politician sketches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FafVtHWn4X8

Status
Not open for further replies.