PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Over zealous politics too often serves as a smoke screen for criminal activity. I grew up in Illinois.

I believe there is an Illinois governor's suite at some correctional facilities. I don't think every ardent

idealist politician is a crook, but many (perhaps all) bear watching.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
We are over thinking this. Yee was making big, big money. I'm guessing that he couldn't care less about smoking and gun control. He took the political positions so as to get elected. Easy money in politics, no work required as one hires others to do the research and thinking.
Yee did what it took to be elected and probably really did not have any core beliefs or more importantly, any moral foundation. He presented the necessary facade to the voters so that he could facilitate the criminal activity and make a bit of pelf. It's the American way!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I believe there is an Illinois governor's suite at some correctional facilities.
LOL ... I here that mso489! I grew up in Tazwell County ... armpit of IL!
In 2006 the Chicago Sun-Times reported that at least 79 current or former Illinois, Chicago or Cook County elected officials had been found guilty of a crime by judges, juries or their own pleas since 1972. The paper provided this tally of the tarnished: three governors, two other state officials, 15 state legislators, two congressmen, one mayor, three other city officials, 27 aldermen, 19 Cook County judges and seven other Cook County officials.
The article noted that so many aldermen had been jailed that the newspaper ran a front-page-story in 1991 when the year passed with none being indicted or convicted.
OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.