PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out on a date with my wife tonight and spotted this beautiful meerschaum at a local antique store, How I wish I could afford another one. Based on it not having a price tag and everything else in the store was exorbitantly priced I doubt I could have but I thought I’d share with you this beautiful piece.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
thanks! It did have a break in it at some point where the stem meets the base but someone repaired it just fine and she smokes great. Only downside is the huge bowl size, I can keep a light for 45 minutes to an hour and still have leaf left to burn

I can’t smoke that long either, I just pack a half a bowl and spend 20 mins or so

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I can’t smoke that long either, I just pack a half a bowl and spend 20 mins or so
Same here. 20-30 minutes seems to be my prime time in between life stuff. Even though I'm new at this, half bowls or small bowl pipes seem to be what works best for me right now.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Shouldn't have been that expensive. $50.00 tops I'd think with the surface dirt, scratches and dings (A supposition only as I don't buy used pipes.). Expensive is a subjective term though. The Indian head, much like the sultan in your avatar were fairly common back in the 60's and 70's. Judging from what I see in many shops they still are popular.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.