PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
So at my work we have these little clips...
CIMG1498.jpg

CIMG1497.jpg

...they are made to hold pens...
CIMG1499.jpg

...but my brain tells me that it could hold a pipe just fine!
CIMG1500.jpg

CIMG1504.jpg

I'm told that they can be found at Office Max. It does have it's limitation, though, it really works best on straight or 1/4 bent pipes with a narrow shank.
What odd items have you guys repurposed as pipe accessories?

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thats a great find, I havent done anything too special, just the normal improvised tampers and picks and the like. One thing I do that some may not have thought of, is I use my tamper, it has a little knife/scraper on it, as a snuff spoon.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
That's very cool! I've used paper clips in a pinch as a pipe tool. Just straighten out one end for the poker and then bend the other, looped end, at a 90 degree angle for the tamper. Voila! Instant pipe tool!
Will have to look for those pen clips at office stores. Thanks for the tip.

corvinvelegost

Might Stick Around
May 1, 2012
Ive found a cheap bic pen ( http://www.gotpromo.com/images/windjammer%20images/Bic/RSWJ4.jpg ) is a wonderful tool to have in ones pocket...with a little bit of practice i used one for quiet some time as a tamper and pick (used the pocket clip not the pen tip)

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
That is a brilliant idea! I see myself trying that someday. I don't usually drive and smoke a pipe but maybe now it will be worth trying. :D

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Great idea. Always looking for a place to put my pipe in the car. Xikar makes a great car ashtray in the shape of a can with a screw top, maybe I'll shoot them a note to see if they can come up with something for pipes. G1

Status
Not open for further replies.