PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I must say, I am very pumped! Taking the next two days off, going to Orlando, spending two days in parks (Will be riding Star Tours REPEATEDLY) and Friday is my friends wedding. Can't wait to get out.
I PACKED: Sextant, Maltese Falcon, and my Rattray's, Perterson, and last years competition pipe.
Also, I packed "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, which is excellent! If your a fan of fantasy book, this one's great. About a man named Kvothe, who is about 26ish, but is already the topic of story and legand as one of the greatest Wizards (basically anyway) of his time. He is now living low/hiding out as an inn keeper but a scribe finds him, convinces him that his TRUE story needs to me told, and Kvothe says fine, but it'll take me 3 days to tell the story if I'm going to do it right. So, each book is a day of him telling the story of his life thus far. I'm in the middle of book one, book three is yet to be released. This sucker kept me from packing until about 11:30 last night, it's fantastic.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Have fun, if my son were a little older we would be hitting Disney World in a couple weeks when we go on vacation, but I can't see paying their prices for a 3 year old. On fantasy books you should give R. A. Salvatore a look. The books about Drizzt are great.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I generally only do Star Wars books, with few exceptions. These books about Kvothe being one of them due to an exceptionally high recommendation from a friend. However, I did catch Salvatore's take on Star Wars in Vector Prime....and he was fabulous.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Have a blast! But, don't get kicked out of the parks for smoking!

We're heading to Key West in May. I love the hot weather and the warm water, we do a lot of snorkeling around the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.