PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
I was reading the thread about the "Bay area rollcall" and it finally gave me the courage to post what I been thinking about for a while now. As most of you are aware, I live in NZ and here in NZ pipesmoking is not what you'd call commonplace(probably the Nirvanaland of health-and-smoke nazis). Despite all this I still really would like to get a NZ pipe club going. Now, as you can imagine, I don't have a local b&m that can help me out, so naturally I turn to my fellow, pipers. Have you got any ideas? What do you think seanz?

Any suggestions would certainly be much appreaciated.

Reactions: Shaun

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I think its a damn good idea. I have thought about it myself . there are logistic issues though. if nation wide where would you meet? how often etc?

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Me, I'd go the extra mile, heck, the extra lotsa miles for a club meet. Even if, at first, it's only an annual meet in say, Wellington or so.

Here it goes: Calling all NZ pipe smokers, let's hear from you!!!

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Well i am in! and i put it out there to my peeps on FB if they know anyone who would be keen as well.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
My goodness! I'd move to NZ just so I could go smoke where they filmed for Hobbiton of the Shire for the LOTR films!

I seriously plan on building my family a hobbit hole after the fashion of Bag End for us to grow old in. My parents have a farm on a mountain in Costa Rica where I've almost completed the layout for the foundation. But sadly it is no New Zealand... though they say CR is second best! :mrgreen:

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Hooray!!! Breaking News: New Zealand Tobacco Pipe Smokers Club(subject to suggestion) - Members: 2 :D

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I've often considered gaining the appropriate weight and going under the knife to have my shins shortened a bit. I think my feet are hairy enough though. Then I just have to figure out those darned ears.. hmm. plastic surgery? :crazy:

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks, baronsamedi, we can cerainly use any help we can get. If only we can get Uncle Arthur over here...... :!:

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Well not exactly close for a regular meet but I'm over in new Zealand with work for the rugby world cup. Gonna be based in Auckland between 21st sept and 1st Oct. If there is a club meet on then I'll happily attend :)

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Wow, Baron... now that chick has got some dedication to her fantasy creatures.. :|
Then again, if I had the money, I'd totally do it too. Don't judge me. :oops:

Sep 5, 2011
Greetings guys!

I'd be keen - although I'm all the way up in Auckland...

I'm usually pretty active in the youtube pipe community, and there are another couple of guys that are from nz as well who might be keen - and they are both further south (one is all the way down in Christchurch).

Our user names on youtube are 41DegreesSouth, TheoGeekNZ, and dansibleys.

We don't have meetings or anything but we are often in contact and send each other tobacco samples to try etc.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi - came across you guys a couple of times when searching for pipe related things on google recently - pleased to see there are other pipe smokers going strong in NZ!

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
heu 41degrees good to see another kiwi on here. i am in invercargill ya dont get much more south. cept maybe bluff. we been thinking along the lines of a once a year meet but each trying to get something going regional.

its a mission coaxing the pipers out of the woodwork though.

Sep 5, 2011
Sounds awesome.

I had a chat to the woman who works at my local pipe shop and she said that her only real pipe customers are elderly English gentlemen who pop in to buy some pipe cleaners and a tin of erinmore mixture - so I don't know if I'd have much success starting a local club in auckland...

Status
Not open for further replies.