PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be driving up from Hagerstown Maryland on 3/7 to attend the NYC Pipe show held in Newark NJ. Is anyone else attending? Or need to carpool?
959e076e_o.jpeg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here are some shots from 2014, if you are wondering what the show is like.

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/upshallfan/slideshow/Misc%20Pipes/NYC%20Show%202014

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I am coming! I will have on my red Pipesmagazine.com t-shirt. And probably be smoking a huge Don Carlos. Do they have a smoking tent or is it just go outside?

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Very easy for the local, but I will need to work that day. In addition, I'm trying to save myself for Chicago.
Not really doing a great job with the non PAD discipline.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
No,smoking is not allowed in the venue, but there is a covered patio just outside the room.
Last year a bunch of us did head to JR Cigars around 1 PM and hung out for a few hours (I have a three hour drive from there).
I'll have on my brown Pipes Magazine shirt, so give me a shout!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Do they also have a bordello just to make the outing a perfect day out?
Uh, yeah - it's in Newark NJ........

http://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/newark-unfriendliest-city-in-the-us--and-the-world--says-conde-nast

So, to the uninitiated - DON'T venture into the city, nothing to see here, move along...

(actually nearby Jersey City has a nice area. No, really)
Last year, I met Dave Jacobsen at the show, he took the train. He said "the area doesn't look like it has much, is there anywhere else to go and hang out?". My answer: no, stay in the hotel. The nearby White Castle has 4" thick bullet-proof glass in front of the counter.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Unfortunately I am not planning on attending this year. I'm just not up for the 4 hour drive each way. At least that's how I feel at the moment. I will miss not seeing all of my pipe friends, so the internet will have to be my socializing for now. Have a great time everyone, it's a fun filled day of buying/selling/bartering and good conversation. And like Al says, the restaurant is quite good. Their home made soups are outstanding.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
I'll be there with many of the fellas from the NY Pipe Club. Though it is not a NY Pipe Club show (it is the production of two individuals), we do support it.
We'll miss you, Andy, please reconsider - don't get to see you enough! If not Newark, Chicago???
As Jay mentioned, a bunch of us will be heading over to JR Cigar on Rt. 10 in Whippany, NJ for a night cap, you can smoke in the restaurant, there is live jazz and everyone is welcome to join us. We always have a great time there and the food is good.
Lou

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@Docwatson - too bad, I'll miss seeing you

@Lou - I have always thought it was the NYC club show, thanks for clarifying. I edited the title to be correct.
I didn't realize that smoking was allowed in the restaurant, or is that only in the evening? I need to head back to MD by end of the day (close to a four hour trip for me). So, I'll miss that.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Should be a fun show.
From what I remember from living in NJ for 35 years, Newark is a right friendly place.

Status
Not open for further replies.