PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The Sutliff Great Outdoors I just reviewed was quite firmly in the nutty profile, actually. The tin description notes vanilla, and in the tin there is an undeniable aroma of anise; in the smoke, though, it's only lightly aromatic, and the topping serves to highlight the burley / cav's naturally nutty flavors, in a very pecan / walnut vein. Try it, you'll like it.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
McClelland's Just plain nut is some nutty stuff, I second that choice.
This was one of the first tobaccos that I really loved. My local B&M used to rebrand it and wouldnt tell me what it really was. It burn really nice and has a crackling sound. Its a very pleasant Hazelnut flavor. One of my favs for sure.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
What I think is nutty others may not. What do strawberries taste like? I find a nutty taste in both Dunhill's London Mixture and Gawith's Squadron Leader. Both of these blends are Oriental tobacco forward.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I find a nutty taste in both Dunhill's London Mixture and Gawith's Squadron Leader. Both of these blends are Oriental tobacco forward.
Are you maybe referring to that buttery/creamy taste?

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
You know, maybe I've been looking for the wrong thing all along. What I've been describing as "nutty" may not be a true taste of a nut, but rather the mellow, pure, "toasty" taste of the tobacco itself. For instance, I just smoked a bowl of 4noggins' Three Blind Moose, a blend with a distinctive butterscotch topping, but which gives me exactly the taste I've been looking for.
And many of the primarily Virginia blends also have that same quality, especially towards the end of the smoke.
Turns out I really am not all that fond of a "nut" taste, especially hazelnut, which I dislike with a passion, whether in tobacco, or coffee, or chocolate.
So I apologize for leading you all down the wrong track, but I'm glad I've been able to clarify what it is that I've been seeking. Thanks for all the suggestions and input. :worship:

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
Can't believe no one has mentioned Prince Albert. I don't love the nutty flavor of it, so much so that sometimes it overwhelms me. But other times it's perfect. Nuttiest tobacco I've ever smoked, but I don't smoke a lot of burleys.

rcp24

Lurker
Aug 6, 2013
Nutty, huh? Just because I'm a curmudgeonic nutcase doesn't really mean I truly know what I'm talking about when it comes to a nutty flavor in tobacco. I do, however, have this thing for Mac Baren Burley London Blend. To my taste, it's about as nutty as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.