PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
I've had endless trouble working with flake (rubbing it, cutting it packing it & even smoking it). I now steer clear of flake, which is sad, because I know I'm missing out on some really nice baccy... :(

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Kitchen quality scissors cut in strips and then cross cut all around a strong 1/8". I will cut about 4 or so flakes at a time. Then I dry mine on a glass plate to make sure none of the oils/toppings/casing gets absorbed and stays in the tobacco. Wet/thick flake like FVF and SJF I leave overnight and then an empty tin for a day or two. This evens out the moisture. Then back on the plate until I hear a "ting" when I drop them. Then back in the tin for a day or two, again checking for the "ting". Then I'm set for many bowls. I of course always have those brands ready to smoke so when the tin gets low I start preparing the next one.

rockford

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 4, 2013
Japanese Vegetable Knife and a cutting board. I generally cube the entire tin and jar the rest.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I use a rotary fabric cutting tool available at most craft stores. It works like a pizza cutter.

Scissors work well too. Come to think of it, a pizza cutter wheel should work well also.

rotarycutter.jpg

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
I just use a sharp razor blade, not that u have too because all of the above mentioned work fine. I just like to take my sweet time, and they cut such nice and clean cubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.