PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
But can we get a sound off of rural pipe smokers? Not suburbanites with rural hearts, God bless you, but real cow town pipe lovers? I'm just curious to see who all is out there.
Now, now. Don't get offended. My hat is off to those who can walk down the street to a Peretti-ish B&M, stroll down the boulevard with their pipe, etc. I've experienced that, and it's a wonderful thing. I'm just curious to know who out there engages in our magnificent hobby while residing in a rural environment. It's a different experience. Lonely in some ways, but rewarding nonetheless.
Thank you in advance.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Are we talking small town rural or middle of nowhere no neighbour kind of rural? :puffy:

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I live in Ruckersville Virginia, which sits just north of Charlottesville in Greene County. However, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I grew up in Aurora West Virginia with a total population of 200 people. Is it still called a town if you don't even have a stop light or grocery store?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Live on 81 acres, cane field in back, little rural road in front, my dog PMon loves it, though I cut his roaming down to 3 acres with an invisible fence. Love my old porch.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Country living here. Right in the middle of 15 acres, nearest neighbor are my parents 100 yards away. I can take a pee in any direction and not be seen. :lol:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm ten miles from the city center, rodeoed in my youth, never sat "English" on any horse I've owned, live on a mountain side, can wrangle moose or bear in the front yard most any time should I wish to, and I'm a firm believer that "country boy" or "city boy" is more a state of mind than one's surroundings. And, with my warped mind I'm never lonely, even when I'm alone. There's the voices you know.
Hope I qualify! Never had much use for the "city" life even when I was a copper.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My backyard is part of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Just call me hillbilly. :wink:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Winters, CA. Is that rural enough? I am a transplanted (by my own choice) city kid. We are on 20 acres, mostly nut trees around us in all directions.

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
No scared sheep where I live. Where I deer hunt? Well, TX is a diverse culture. :puffpipe:

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I guess I'm a hybrid. I make my living growing mushrooms and avocados on some land I have in Los Angeles County, and take them to sell at farmers markets in L.A. I live and work as a farmer/grower, but am not nearly as rural as I would like to be, still a stone's throw from the big city.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Wow - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!
@seacaptain --- cheers!
@jkrug --- rural is as rural does.
@beezer --- congratulations on getting out!
@dulgunz --- sounds like my town.
@Ole Cajun --- Yessir, I remember from previous threads. I salute you!
@voorhees --- thank you for sounding off!
@warren --- "I'm a firm believer that "country boy" or "city boy" is more a state of mind than one's surroundings." Maybe but the hands are a dead giveaway. "Never had much use for the "city" life..." Here, here.
@chasingembers --- all I can do is write about it...
@wolfe64 --- Among other things, I raise sheep. Befriend that guy. Lamb is good.
@Dave --- I hear ya...
@jpmcwjr --- don't know Winters, but sounds good to me! As Hank, Jr said, "We're from North California, South Alabama, and little towns all around this land..."
@jimbo69 --- hat tip to the deer hunt --- in my top three passtimes along with pipe smoking and fishing.
@kane --- but am not nearly as rural as I would like to be..." Sounds like you're half way there already. It's never too late!
Thanks, men. I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one out there in a hobby that sometimes seems urban-focused.
Cheers and good evening to all, regardless of where you may reside.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Country boy at heart..grew up on a farm, spent free time in the woods, hunting, fishing and trapping...living in the burbs now but will always be a country boy at heart...made my own cob pipe when I was 10 with a corn cob from a neighbors corn field and a water reed from a nearby pond

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess I'm late to the party, but we live outside of Duck Hill MS. The name alone should say it all, but we have 26 acres, part of my wife's old family land going back to the late 1800s. It's all hilly and stuff grows like a jungle here. I too like my front porch, great place to smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.