PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
@foggymountian, are you in the Kingston, New Paltz area? I spent the first 25 years of life in the Liberty, Monticello areas. My parents grew up in the Kingston area. Someday I will make it back to visit.

I enjoyed the hunting and fishing and living on the farm.
John

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Prairiedruid... there's the Twin Cities and then there's Minnesota. Twin Cities should be a separate state. I live in a small town in SW RURRRRRAL Minnesota. I am the only pipe smoker for at least 60 miles. Good on ya, bro!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
And I'm shitfaced right now, smoking PA in a Sav Canadian, and ain't no one nearby to worry with it. No B&Ms for... well it's incalcuable. I got my PA at a grocery store somewhere far from here, waiting on my next online order. Only way to get good tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That old straw about how you can take the person out of the country but you can't take the country out of the person is literally true. In this part of the country, native residents of a certain age who grew up in the country often plowed behind mules. Some who never did, think they did anyway. It's a life that abides in the memory.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I can't recall being as envious as this thread has made me. I live in a subdivision on a one acre lot 20 minutes from the middle of downtown Indianapolis. But my yard is dark and quiet at night and we've had deer, fox, and coyotes in the yard. A week ago I saw a Bald Eagle fly over my house. I'd have lost the bet I'd ever see one of those here.
But I grew up in an Amish/Mennonite community and I was probably into high school before I understood that no - hitching posts at the bank, post office, hardware, and grocery store weren't "normal" in the rest of the world.
I'm an attorney and I always figured John Denver's "Wild Montana Skies" was about my life. Just still waiting to go back to the country.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
For 35 years I could not see the real stars because of the glow of lights in the "BIG CITY". Now I am back and you can not only see the normal constellations but the whole ole Milky Way. I had forgotten how beautiful it could be. Or Beaver creek aglow with thousands of fireflies, as bass and carp bust the top water earning a nightly living, while we set lines for blues and channel cats. Driving out to the blind for dove and waterfowl on the pond, or quail, turkey, pheasant, and Prairie Chicken along the fence rows and up in the jacks for White Tail. Yup, you gotta really hate this kind of livin.

Status
Not open for further replies.