Not To Offend, But, Are Pipe Smokers Thin Skinned Panty Bunchers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I think a great many people are thin skinned in today's society. In fact, I think it is so prevalent, many people misunderstand what thin skinned is.
Like if someone writes a post about not liking tobaccos, they are putting themselves out there. If someone says, "you are a dickwad for slandering my favorite tobacco." in response, chances are that reaction is either from a thin skinned person, OR a person who was the Army and is looking to start shit (good naturedly or not... to be determined with further interaction).
It could also in fact be a test. If the OP in the above example says, "Fuck off, it's my opinion." then they are not thin skinned and a conversation may spring up about it. But if he wimpers off in a corner and has his feelings hurt because his thread generated more than a participation ribbon, then THEY were thin skinned.
One isn't entitled to just drop shit on the internet and not get it reacted to. And if they don't like the reaction their shit dropping generates, then they need to learn not to drop shit on the internet.
My 2 cents.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I think a great many people are thin skinned in today's society. In fact, I think it is so prevalent, many people misunderstand what thin skinned is.
Like if someone writes a post about not liking tobaccos, they are putting themselves out there. If someone says, "you are a dickwad for slandering my favorite tobacco." in response, chances are that reaction is either from a thin skinned person, OR a person who was the Army and is looking to start shit (good naturedly or not... to be determined with further interaction).
It could also in fact be a test. If the OP in the above example says, "Fuck off, it's my opinion." then they are not thin skinned and a conversation may spring up about it. But if he wimpers off in a corner and has his feelings hurt because his thread generated more than a participation ribbon, then THEY were thin skinned.
One isn't entitled to just drop shit on the internet and not get it reacted to. And if they don't like the reaction their shit dropping generates, then they need to learn not to drop shit on the internet.
My 2 cents.

:clap:

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
h4hb65u.png

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Obviously a troll started this thread. "And what to we do to witches? Burn them!"
I don't want to talk about my underwear preference because I don't want people around here to start hording the brand and selling them at the triple the price elsewhere.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Wyfbane speaks much sense. Getting offended easily makes you thin-skinned; having a limited appetite for horseshit and not being shy about letting people know it does not make you thin-skinned.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am somewhat lost on this thread. In a word its all rather confusing. As to the underwear thing it sort of reminds of the joke about the two kids talking at school. One child says 'My dad can blow smoke rings' and the other child responds 'Thats nothing. My dad can blow smoke rings out of his arse!'. After a slight pause the first small person says 'How do you know?' and the other child responds 'I have seen the tar stains on his underwear!'. :rofl:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Only the ones under 30. Hipster freak! :roll:

The rest of us simply wear really tight briefs. Different style, same effect. :crying:

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
It sure seems that way! Oh wait...my post count is REALLY low. That means I can't state my opinion, or does that mean I can but only if worded a certain way? Wait, but I've been a member since 2014! Does that mean my opinion is ok or not? I'm so confused by the social norms of the interwebs. :nana: I'm going to go out and buy some panties! No offense to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.