PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Anyone else hate Nosewarmers. I had one for a short while and couldn't stand all the smoke in my face and entering my lungs. All my pipes are now straight with high bowls and over 5.5 inches. Anyone else in the same camp?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I love nose warmers!!! They are super easy to clench because they exert less leverage and are lightweight. Perfect pipes.... for me..... sorry you don't like them. Pipes are definitely individual in nature, because I see pipers with 6 inch or longer pipes and I cringe or pipes that are heavy and stop looking. This is the beauty of the hobby. There's a pipe for everyone out there.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I have nothing but love for nosewarmers. If the smoke is not in my face I feel like I'm wasting it.

bird-0416-600x448.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Took me a while to figure out a nosewarmer. I was drawing to hard and the smoke right in my face took some getting used to. I now love the 2-3 I have.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I like the nosewarmers. I think years of shade-tree wrenchin' with a Marlboro stuck in my face has inured me to the smoke being "too close". As a special bonus, it gave me a rather rakish perma-squint in my left eye.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Lungs, I thought that's where the smoke was supposed to go. Have I been doing this wrong the Whole Damn time?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I don't care for nose warmers that much, but I don't hate them. I have a couple of sub five inch pipes that I guess would be considered nose warmers, but I don't reach for them too often. I also don't find myself reaching for really long pipes like churchwardens that much either. I guess that 5-6 1/2 inches is my comfort zone. Nice to have all the choices in size though.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I enjoy the stubby Morgan Bones pipes of various shapes. I slap a rubber bit on, and swing the pipe to the corner of my mouth. No troubles, easy clench.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
why would someone want a [short and]thick girlfriend/wife
Because they don't blow over as easily in a high wind? 8O
Me, I have a few nosewarmers, I guess you'd call them, very short, stubby bulldogs. I like pipes of all kinds--- they all have their niceties and advantages.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Clearly my play on words was lost on you guys, over here thick also means...
Thick:6/ Stupid, slow or insensitive. Example: a thick person.
Will try better next time :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
No, its my fault Jay, I reinserted the original context of /short and/ thick back in, like a tree-stump, because it was part of the original context and I was trying to make my own play on words!
When you have a nose as large as mine nosewarmers are nose burners so no thanks
Jaygreen, heating the capillaries in the end of the nose is a great way to stave off frostbite during the winter months! :mrgreen:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Crazyhog - I'm with you. I don't like them at all. In fact, I sold a fantastic Mark Tinsky pipe I had commissioned to a fellow here, and I LOVE Mark's pipes. It was just too short for me. I prefer pipes from 5 1/2 to 6 inches, bent or straight.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.