PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Ever since I began smoking a pipe, I've wanted something nice to carry a few pipes with me when I'm out and about. However, years later, I'm still simply carrying my pipes in those little cardboard boxes a new pipe comes in. I've often looked at leather pipe rolls, because I like the rugged old fashioned look of them. They remind me of something an old cowboy might have placed in his saddle bags so he could enjoy his pipes near the fire while on the trail. For a number of years, while looking at different pipe rolls, I've often found myself returning to Northwest Gentlemen, as I especially like the look of the pipe rolls Tim Love makes. However, I always stop short of actually purchasing one. Yesterday while browsing Facebook posts in one of the pipe groups, someone asked about pipe cases and the like, and as is often the case Northwest Gentlemen was mentioned, and once again I'm looking at these leather pipe rolls. One thing I've always been concerned about while looking at pipe rolls, is that some of my pipes such as my Nordings are quite large. So I contacted Tim, asking if he had anything that could fit two or perhaps even three of my Nordings. So he pulled down a couple of his large pipes, one being a Nording Signature freehand and the other being a Jobey to see how they fit. Now even among my Nordings, my Signature is a bit of a monster. He sent me photos explaining that they just fit, but three definitely wouldn't, and sent me photos. I can live with that. I figure I'll be getting a nice long smoke with the Nordings anyway, and it seems three of my smaller sized pipes would fit if I so choose. So I finally got around to ordering one of these in bison leather.
Photos from Northwest Gentlemen...

Large bison leather pipe roll

il_570xN.1639093112_cczj.jpg

il_570xN.1639093182_q8u5.jpg

il_570xN.1686515805_omtz.jpg

il_570xN.1639092988_r7g2.jpg

A snap in pipe holder.
il_570xN.1639092990_p1mv.jpg

il_570xN.1639092982_2mlf.jpg

il_570xN.1686515797_keg0.jpg

A couple photos he sent me with Nording and Jobey
43596065_245421346319969_4736880857657114624_n.jpg

43580162_2205300876380523_2059794675107102720_n.jpg

And all rolled up with the Nording and Jobey
43561601_243338412999002_5093285185273724928_n.jpg

The pipe roll should arrive in a few days or so, and I'll update when it arrives. I'm looking forward to it, and Tim's customer service was spectacular.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Beautiful!!
I'm going to be looking for a pipe roll when I get home - I like this one

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Very nice! The bison/buffalo leather is a nice choice...not a fan of the red or gray leather. It's going to look really nice when it has some wear and age on it.
I like this pipe roll so much I'm going to purchase a cigar traveler (Apache Bison Leather) for my son for Christmas.
Thanks for posting.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Very awesome roll. I've looked at this one myself several, several times. I also looked at several from Soaring Owls, but I do really like this one. Especially for the price. The Soaring Owl one I have been eyeing is close to $300 and this one is about half that. Great purchase Anthony! I'm sure it'll be a heck of a roll for you. As someone else I know might say "Enjoy the heck out of it! :puffy: " We'll need follow up pictures when you get her stuffed with all your pipes, tobacco and accouterments!

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
That is a very nice pipe roll! I plan to get something similar eventually. I have a small canvas "messenger bag" that works great for holding a couple of mason jars, a few pipes, and the other essentials, but it would be nice to have a leather roll to protect the pipes.
EDIT: P.S., I hope it came with that delicious premium pouch of Borkum Riff :puffy:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
damn sable. LOL :rofl:
While I love the look of the pipe roll, I don't care for the less than secure aspect. I prefer a zippered case for better security. Just my .02

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
While I love the look of the pipe roll, I don't care for the less than secure aspect.
You'd be surprised at just how good that closure can be. I've made two rolls and used a similar strap. It works really well when you secure it correctly. I mean, sure, if you toss it around a little carelessly, maybe it could come loose, but I generally never toss around my hand made roll.
Sable, you got to stop flashing the goods around like that. Even your knock around collection is superb. :rofl:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So, Jesse, you carry around a pair of beauties you don't even smoke! Gadzooks!
Actually, I don't carry around much of anything.
But a few years ago, after a meeting of the LAPC where a number of members were oooooing and awwwwwing over each others pipe bags, I decided to have a little fun. So at the next meeting I brought a wrinkled old paper sack to the meeting. As usual, everyone was complimenting each other on their fine bags. So I set the sack down on the table in the center of the room, and started quietly pulling these and other pieces out of it.
My goodness, how the room suddenly grew quiet. :mrgreen:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
[/quote]... and started quietly pulling these and other pieces out of it. My goodness, how the room suddenly grew quiet.
It's not the bag, but rather the contents of the package that counts.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone! I am pretty darn excited about this. I don't normally get as excited over accessories as I do pipes, but this one is on that level.
As someone else I know might say "Enjoy the heck out of it! :puffy:
:rofl: That has sort of become my catchphrase, hasn't it? :rofl: Thanks Carolina!
Jesse, that's a lovely pipe bag! :rofl: And what is that pipe with the glorious birdseye??? 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.