PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
It's pretty short notice, but I'm going to be in Norman, OK this weekend and am almost out of tobacco. My usual Tobacconist is in Tulsa and I won't have time to get up there before I head out for Norman.
So is there any place in Norman, OK that some of my fellow Okies here might know about? I'm facing a potentially smokeless weekend otherwise, unless I settle for drug-store tobacco...

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Royal Pipes and Tobacco on 105 E. Boyd St. it is near OU campus. I usually go there for cigars. It is a nice looking louge with great service.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Thanks LAW, I saw that in the site's store locator, but I'm not driving myself and convincing my brother to go out of his way so I can buy some tobacco would be a bit difficult. Thank you though, for the suggestion.
Looks like Royal Pipes is going to be it, it's near the OU campus and the reason I am going down is for the OU red&white game. Perfect location.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Don't go to Drew's Tobacco World!!!! They are 85% pot paraphernalia, 10% cigars, and 5% pipe related stuff....
Do go to Royal Pipes and Tobaccos and I will gladly meet you there to have smoke if I can. What time will you be looking to go up there?
Here are some pictures for you (things have changed a little but not much). This is the main area...
IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

Here is their pipe area (bigger than it looks)...
IMG_2682.jpg

Their cigar area...
IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

And finally this is the Bar and Smoking Lounge...
IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Looks amazing. I'm not sure when I will be there, I probably won't be getting into town until Friday evening and still need to check into the hotel. I'm not sure what time they close but I'm guessing they'll probably be closing up shop by the time I'm settled in Friday. Maybe I could meet you there on Saturday before the game.

(edit to add)

No worries LAW, your advice is appreciated. It's hard to know about things like that if you haven't been there before.
@bubba you know, if you still want some of that Osage Orange I could bring some down with me.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Not sure the name of the hotel, my brother set up the reservations. All I know is it is supposed to be right there by the OU stadium.
1a is great! I guess I know what I'm going to be doing that night!

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
The place looks great. Its been a couple weeks since I was up there. I try to go there when I am up there for court hearings and trainings.

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
I will, thanks. I am still learning about the different brands of pipe tobacco, so your wisdom would be welcomed.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I usualy hit the head shop, for pipe cleaners.expectations low. However, today I walked in and they had one tin of samuel gawiths "navy flake" right next to the prince albert. I thanked the owners wife and will return the thank the owner. This next part it even more amazing....7.99 in a california head shop!!!
YES, I AM BRAGGING

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Well, Royal Pipes and Tobacco was nice... But I guess nothing lives up to a person's regular shop. I much prefer Fogue & Bates in Tulsa.
They did have a cherry blend named "Big Red" that I thought was fun for the spring game, and there were a couple of long-stemmed viking pipes there that were beautiful. I think I would have enjoyed the shop more if I was a cigar smoker though, as that seemed to be the main focus.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Next time I'm through Norman I'll stop by the shop again, maybe I'll get to see someone from here when I come back by.

Status
Not open for further replies.