Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
These pipes look nice for the cost on SP's site. How well do they smoke and hold up. Would you recommend it over a Sav, Stanwell or Pete I been thinking about adding a new smoker to the rack.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Personally I think Nording is a small cut above Savs, Stans and Petes, specifically their stems. Nothing against S/S/P.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Much better than my two Stanwells or Peterson. Fairwaring...they have huge bowls, 1" diameter and 1.5"deep on mine. I have a partially rusticated freehand. I love mine. I recommend highly!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I have a mess of the Big3 (Peterson/Savinelli/Stanwell) and they all treat me real well. I can go along with the Nordings, of which I have several, being a cut above. The high grades are mighty fine, but my lowly Signature is a grand puffer too, and I love the way it's coloring.
hp

les

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Most pipe brands have lines of pipes in similar price categories, and you will do well with any of the brands you have listed. Like anything else it comes down to style preferences. But as for Nordings I have several that I enjoy very much. Good luck in your choice and let us know the result.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
For what it's worth, I like 2 of the Nording Hunter blends better than the Savinelli or Stanwell offerings. Peterson does have a full line of marvelous tins, especially Old Dublin, University Flake and 3 P's.
hp

les

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Saved up last year and got an Erik Nording freehand. I must say it was a well enjoyed puchase.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I don't have a Pete so I can't comment on them.The two Nordings that I have though smoke better that the others that you mentioned.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
I have a Nording, its a good smoker in line with a good Pete or a Sav. Price is pretty good too, for the way that some of them look.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have all of the brands mentioned above in similar prices ranges, Stanwell, Savinelli, Peterson and Nording and think they are all close to each other in quality. I like them all about the same.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I have two of them...one a Freehand and one a more traditional full bent apple. They are nice pipes. I don't smoke my freehand much...but for me its a freehand thing....not a Nording thing. I don't smoke my large Boswell Freehand that much either. But they are definitely nice pipes.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It is hard to go wrong with a Nording . I have freehands and classic shapes and they have all turned out ot be great smokers .

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
I have several older Nordings, including his Hunting Pipe collection and they are very good smokes, all. I would look for one of the higher grade ones or perhaps and estate pipe, they seem to a bit better engineered than some of the lower grades.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
@recoil rob,

Nice avatar Rob, but are you trying to talk those ducks into your blind??.? So this is how you call in Ducks?.?.? LOL

Andy C.

Hope to see you at the Kaywoodie Event.
Back on topic. Not only are the higher grade Nordings good smokers, the grain on some of them is spectacular. I was able to pick up a grade 17 Billiard at the West Coast Pipe Show a couple weeks ago that has an amazing cross cut grain. Later

AC

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Jeees Andy, sure wish I could duck hunt in short sleeves! that was a kayak trip in the Adirondacks...hope to see you in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.