PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Ever had a day when you just couldn't get a taste from your pipe? I'm sure it's just my physiology that day but every now and then...nothing. I'm just going thru the motions.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Yes. I determined it to be due to smoking Latakia rich Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake in excess. It took weeks to regain my ability to really enjoy the flavor of tobacco.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Had one of those days last week. Nothing tasted good.
Thankfully, it’s usually is a one day occurrence and your back in the flavor saddle the next day. :puffy:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Absolutely. And another issue is bothering me lately. One of my favorite VaPers, Doblone d’ Oro, tastes like cigarettes. I even opened a new tin, but still tastes the same. I have no idea what is going on, but my perceived taste of this blend has definitely changed. Hopefully it will return in the spring when the weather and humidity change.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I definitely have the occasional off day where everything is harsh and bitey. Certainly something to do with chemistry I guess and tried just smoking through it but even that usually doesn’t work. Completely unpredictable and I loath those days.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I get this on occasion. I have really bad allergies and when they act up, nothing tastes right, not even food. Those are the days I either refrain from smoking altogether, or if my sense of smell isn't affected, then maybe I'll just smoke a nice smelling aromatic to at least have me some tobacco potpourri going.

Status
Not open for further replies.