Peterson Tobacco Ad

Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Ever had a day when you just couldn't get a taste from your pipe? I'm sure it's just my physiology that day but every now and then...nothing. I'm just going thru the motions.

dottiewarden

Preferred Member
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Yes. I determined it to be due to smoking Latakia rich Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake in excess. It took weeks to regain my ability to really enjoy the flavor of tobacco.

crashthegrey

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2015
I have the random off day like this. Usually just dump the bowl and decide today is not my day.

redglow

Preferred Member
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Had one of those days last week. Nothing tasted good.
Thankfully, it’s usually is a one day occurrence and your back in the flavor saddle the next day. :puffy:

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Yeh, usually right before I start running a fever. I hope your not getting sick. Take care, and hopefully your next bowl will be a tasty one.

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
Absolutely. And another issue is bothering me lately. One of my favorite VaPers, Doblone d’ Oro, tastes like cigarettes. I even opened a new tin, but still tastes the same. I have no idea what is going on, but my perceived taste of this blend has definitely changed. Hopefully it will return in the spring when the weather and humidity change.

rdavid

Preferred Member
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I definitely have the occasional off day where everything is harsh and bitey. Certainly something to do with chemistry I guess and tried just smoking through it but even that usually doesn’t work. Completely unpredictable and I loath those days.

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I get this on occasion. I have really bad allergies and when they act up, nothing tastes right, not even food. Those are the days I either refrain from smoking altogether, or if my sense of smell isn't affected, then maybe I'll just smoke a nice smelling aromatic to at least have me some tobacco potpourri going.

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Backcast is doing just fine. Not getting sick. 2nd day and I'm getting a little taste back. Glad it's not just me. Misery loves company.