PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Well, sucks to be right sometimes.
Before the thread closed, I was going to guess that it would be a new game show feature for the radio show that every 3 months PMforum would cut another section until there would only be "The Last Forum Section Standing©". :mrgreen: (If you use my title, my royalty charges are rather modest.)
EDIT: No point in complaining, won't do any good anyway. Might as well smoke a few bowls and get on with the piping.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
now nFisher, take a few breaths smoke a pipe and calm down, given mangers previous comments on threads, which I feel no need to rehash here, he is most likely only seeking a reaction by PMing such things. You sir have played directly into this. As you in your own post said there is more than enough drama here without us gentleman adding to it. Discretion in this case may be the better part of valor. Perhaps a quick forward of the PM to one of the mods, or Kevin with an explanation of the circumstances would be an appropriate method of handling this if you would like to see him chastised for his ungentlemanly comment. However posting such a thing in open thread only serves to exacerbate the drama issue and forces the mods to close more quickly what is otherwise an informative and entertaining thread. Please don't take this the wrong way, as I do greatly respect your opinions and the knowledge you have shared in the brief time I've been associated with this site.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Here's my take: legal issues will always screw up a good thing. I'm with nsfisher's original post on this one, I don't primarily use the forum for trading/selling baccy or pipes; lately I haven't been posting much because, honestly, I had not much to say to some subjects, and things have been busier on my end.
I don't know what financial boat every member here is, but I make just enough to support my wife and kid, and have some left over for the baccy and pipes, about 50 bucks every month. I don't smoke 3 pounds a month, matter of fact my baccy budget is about 20% of what I was spending when smoking the nails. I don't have a problem with the fee. Bitching about the $1 fee is petty and childish, In My Not-So-Humble Opinion. Life's too short, guys.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Verbally abusing another brother of the briar, or anyone else for that matter, just because they have a different opinion is just wrong. What happened to agreeing to disagree?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Woa, things have gotten a bit dramatic here lately. I understand why Kevin had to end the tobacco trade forum and I accept that, but paying $1 to list a trade doesn't seem like much of a trade to me.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Didn't Herbindave get kicked off the forum for posting a PM without one parties consent? I'm not justifying his comment, but Private is private, it was only intended for your eyes.

joshwolftree

oh if only it were true

46792_4935821547765_2016900786_n.jpg
all these legal issues would be a thing of the past

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Whatever Kevin wants to do or has to do is ok by me . Everyone acts like the site is free and belongs to them . If you would like your own website design one and pay for the server and maintance fees . Then you can do what ever you want . Just like the rest the internet this site is paid for by advertising .And in the real world nothing happens without a sale . To those who are jealous ,you are just mad cause you did not think of it first or put in the thousands of hours to make it work .

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Whatever Kevin wants to do or has to do is ok by me . Everyone acts like the site is free and belongs to them . If you would like your own website design one and pay for the server and maintance fees . Then you can do what ever you want . Just like the rest the internet this site is paid for by advertising .And in the real world nothing happens without a sale . To those who are jealous ,you are just mad cause you did not think of it first or put in the thousands of hours to make it work .
1. Thank you Igloo.
2. Mangers has just been banned,. He has been on thin ice for a long time. He is also related by marriage to two former members that were banned and has been subtly daring me to ban him for a long time.
3. There are NO OPEN TRADE THREADS ALLOWED HERE.
4. If you don't want to use BriarBid, then please don't. No one is being forced to use it.
Before you post a response to this, please re-read Igloo's quote above.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
YOU ARE A ASSHOLE!!! NUFF SAID!!!
This was sent to me via PM, by a Member(managers) who didn't have the decency to post it so everyone could see it in this thread
Well, I didnt pm it to ya but if you read your previous post I can see why a person would send that message to ya.

You were acting like an asshole. So what if people want to express their opinion of the situation. I have read nothing that constituted such a reaction from you. It is an open forum in which people are going to post things you don't like from time to time. As long as they follow the rules then its fine. If they break a rule a mod will handle it. For you to tell folks that are dissatisfied with the current situation to leave the forum is ..........well, being an asshole. Noone said they want to leave the forum they are just trying to figure out how they are going to continue with their trading and expressing that its become rather inconvenient now. So ypu decide to tell them to leave and expect a friendly reaction. Come on man get a grip if you were standing in a group having this discussion you wouldnt say what you posted.

Oh, and it is Kevin's forum and all who stay will follow his rules as I will. I don't trade much and this will probably end trading for me, but it is what it is. Kevin's house Kevin's rules, and from what I know Kevin is a pretty alright guy. So I will stick around and enjoy the site.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@locopony

Well, I didnt pm it to ya but if you read your previous post I can see why a person would send that message to ya.

You were acting like an asshole. So what if people want to express their opinion of the situation. I have read nothing that constituted such a reaction from you. It is an open forum in which people are going to post things you don't like from time to time. As long as they follow the rules then its fine. If they break a rule a mod will handle it. For you to tell folks that are dissatisfied with the current situation to leave the forum is ..........well, being an asshole. Noone said they want to leave the forum they are just trying to figure out how they are going to continue with their trading and expressing that its become rather inconvenient now. So ypu decide to tell them to leave and expect a friendly reaction. Come on man get a grip if you were standing in a group having this discussion you wouldnt say what you posted.

Oh, and it is Kevin's forum and all who stay will follow his rules as I will. I don't trade much and this will probably end trading for me, but it is what it is. Kevin's house Kevin's rules, and from what I know Kevin is a pretty alright guy. So I will stick around and enjoy the site.
NSFisher isn't even in the same universe as being an asshole, and Mangers is the King of Assholeland.
You apparently didn't read the last sentence in my previous post.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@locopony
You were acting like an asshole.
Fisher was expressing an opinion just like everyone else. How that makes him an ass is beyond me. Mangers on the other hand has been creating drama and stirring the sh*t for a while. I am not sorry to see him leave.
NSFisher isn't even in the same universe as being an asshole, and Mangers is the King of Assholeland.
+1

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
I don't doubt Mangers being exactly as you say, As there is a better way to tell a person about your problem with what they said than to resort to name calling. (Note: I did not call NSFisher an asshole, only said he was acting like one. There is a difference between being one and acting like one.) I had no intention of defending Mangers statement, only to point out that NSFisher's statement was rather harsh. No indictment of his character only the statement of
"if some of the complainers don't like it, well then no one is making ya'll stay. It really doesn't matter why this change is taking place, it only matters that it is the Rule of the Site Admin. Either play by the rules, or find your way home."
is a bit of an asshole-ish statement. I didn't find any real complaining to speak of in the thread. Mostly some people trying to figure out how they can continue to trade and what its going to now require. which I find to be normal when a major changes happen to any situation.

I personally try not to say anything on these forums that I wouldn't say to a persons face in public or private. So if a fellow walked up to a group of folks who were having a conversation about a matter such as this and made that statement He would probably be considered to be acting an ass. Whether or not the fella is generally considered a good guy. Now Mangers being generally known as a problem is not the fella to call him on it. (note: I have never read a post by Mangers, so I have no idea who he is.)

Enough of that now You have explained your positions and I agree. I have explained mine and am sure you understand.

So I have one more question on the matter of the original topic.

Can a person make a post or thread to give away some tobacco that they don't care for?

Status
Not open for further replies.