PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
And it wouldn't be a dollar EVERY trade would it?
Not sure how it would work on the site when implemented, but could you post several items in a listing for the $1 and go from there with private messages?
So just a dollar every POST, but maybe you can post several things up for grabs in that one post?
We'll see how it plays out. I'm sure Kevin and Greg will whip up something nice and shiny.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
PM having a special forum to facilitate tobacco trades is an issue. It's too prominent. What you guys do on your own between friends that know each other, and know they they are both adults is your own business.The box pass can stay as long as PipesMagazine.com is not involved in it, and it's just one or two threads floating around. If anything goes wrong with it, you are on your own.
I have not participated in any trades yet... but if I am reading correctly, posting a "trade" thread isn't prohibited. Just as long as there aren't threads upon threads of it. Kevin correct me if I'm wrong. But it looks like an occasional trade on the forums is fair game.
I never really looked on the trades section, so I don't know if this is common practice or not. But I imagine the kind of threads that will not fly are if say one member repeatedly lists tobacco for trade/sell. Almost like a thread "store front." So... i guess it comes down to volume?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey! As long as I can keep shadow-marketing here, everything's ok.

BTW, today's special is the PipesMagazine.com deluxe multi-pipe tote bag.

PMPipePouch.jpg

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
If the transaction has to go through paypal it won't be a trade. You will be selling and anyone that comes along and sees your listing can purchase it. So it won't be trading tobacco, money will have to change hands and paypal would get it's fees. So it's not $1.00 per trade, it would be $1.00 to create a listing for sell. I will keep my opinion to myself.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
SO how would it be any different from someone pretending to be old enough on briarbid? Besides the obvious exception that no one was making any money on trades on the forum that is.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
@lifeon-The money would pass through paypal which has a policy that one has to be 18 in order to have an account. Although, I'm not sure how paypal ultimately proves that either. All the money would be made by briar bid and paypal if it were a pure trade. Of course if the one offering the tobacco wants to sell it he would get some of the money too.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Well, I think ill just pass on it,,,,just cant see an even trade that goes threw a 3rd party, for a fee,,just dont seem like "trading" to me.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
but if I am reading correctly, posting a "trade" thread isn't prohibited. Just as long as there aren't threads upon threads of it. Kevin correct me if I'm wrong. But it looks like an occasional trade on the forums is fair game

This is my understanding also, Just not gonna be a specified area for trades. If someone has a tobacco they do not enjoy and would like to trade it for something different they can post it in a different discussion section here on the forum.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Kevin?????????????

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I think ill just pass on it
+1
I get why Kevin has to do it - and you never know, but it's getting more complicated than it's worth, especially for the small amounts I usually trade in.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Well I expect the guys over on cigarchronicles aren't going to be to happy to hear they cant trade or sell anymore.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Strange thing is I just checked out cigarchronicles.com and they still have their trading thread. I thought Kevin owned that site too. :?:

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Strange thing is I just checked out cigarchronicles.com and they still have their trading thread. I thought Kevin owned that site too.
Hmm that is strange.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
but if I am reading correctly, posting a "trade" thread isn't prohibited. Just as long as there aren't threads upon threads of it. Kevin correct me if I'm wrong. But it looks like an occasional trade on the forums is fair game

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Kevin meant you can PM friends and trade. Not post a trading thread.

Strange thing is I just checked out cigarchronicles.com and they still have their trading thread. I thought Kevin owned that site too.

Yes, Kevin owns that site as well. I'm sure he is going to remove it from there, but hasn't gotten to it yet.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
This is The Pipes and Tobacco Mafia! Nobody makes anything that the Godfather don't get his cut! :)

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have been on this site for quite a spell now. Kevin is the Owner/Manager/Admin. His site, his rules ya'll.

Now it ain't my place to say it, but I just feel that if some of the complainers don't like it, well then no one is making ya'll stay. It really doesn't matter why this change is taking place, it only matters that it is the Rule of the Site Admin. Either play by the rules, or find your way home. Just, enough with the Drama again. I like to come here and read posts and have an opinion once in awhile, if I cannot trade baccy here, then so-be-it. It is not my main reason for being here.
Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.