PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Im eyeing my jar of nightcap, and im beginning to get worried... Seriously? nobody can copy? Has any tried to blend it?

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
There is at least one match (P&C carries it). Some folks swear by it.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Try Ashton Artisan´s blend. Not quite the same but, as someone said in this forum, it "scratches the same itches" for me. Waiting to try Robert McConell Covent Garden when I can get it. It is supposed to be inspired in NIghtcap. I am sure the Dunhill blends will come back under other names. Too popular to go out of the market.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There is a thread on here that has kind of slipped through the holes about C&D's Mountain Camp. Apparently very close to Nightcap and perhaps even better. I have a few tins of Nightcap but might have to pick up some of this Mountain Camp and give it a try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I still have one sealed tin of Nighcap and am inclined to try C&D's Mountain Camp, and maybe Poplar Camp (even stronger). Nothing is going to be Nightcap, but there are blends that fill that gap, that in fact that some might prefer, or come to prefer. You have to resist the tendency to adore each blend that is discontinued. Right now there is an overwhelming variety of blends of all kinds and we sound like whiney rich kids when we lament on blends we can't get.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
we sound like whiney rich kids when we lament on blends we can't get.
Nah. The rich kid whining would be “I asked Mother to buy Dunhill and STG and she said ‘no’. “

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Oof. Whiney rich kid?? I have to not adore a blend because it's discontinued and asked if it was going to be remade? How silly of me . :p

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Brigham has a line of Dunhill matches. The nightcap match is called aurora borealis which means northern lights.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The whiney rich kid would tell his analyst his mother wouldn't buy him any more Nightcap and it ruined his life. Heck, I long for some nostalgia trips myself. My dad used to buy a hometown Chicago beer, probably the cheapest, in big quart bottles, called Meister Brau. (Master Brew.) It was the first beer I ever sipped, and he was easygoing about my having some from the refrigerator. I can still taste it and no artisan brew comes anywhere close. Its hops were not just tasty but had a special twang.

Status
Not open for further replies.