PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
After hearing so much discussion about Dunhill's Nightcap, I ordered a couple of tins and smoked my first bowl today...

Wow! What a great smoke! I'm not the connoisseur of tobacco like most of the gentlepeople here, but my tastes heavily favor burleys and to a lesser extent, Virginias, so I'm I'm not sure what Nightcap is composed of, but it's won a permanent place on my shelves for tobacco. Any thoughts on similar tobaccos, what Nightcap is composed of, and so forth, would be appreciated.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
It contains latakia, oriental, shoe leather, perique, and horse manure.
All good tobaccos contain a pinch of shoe leather. As for the horse manure I guess it depends on the horses diet.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Dunhill Nightcap is one of the "big three" Dunhill blends, and is far and away the heftiest of the bunch. There are excellent Virginias and Orientals in here, no doubt, but the real stars of this show are the substantial amount of fine Latakia and the addition of darkly sweet and peppery Perique. For a full-bodied smoke that's the ideal ending to a long day, Nightcap is a superb choice."
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/39873/dunhill-nightcap-tin-bulk/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I too love non-aromatic burley blends, but I also savor a bowl of Nightcap. When you need something sturdy but with some complexity, it usually does the trick.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It contains latakia, oriental, shoe leather, perique, and horse manure.
HMmm,to bad for you for that review!Bad mouth NightCap??? Now, you have a certain RABID cajun with a certain dog putting out a hit on your ass.Stay away from the swamps :twisted: ...

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You mean this guy?
dogturd-337x600.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I would also try Old Dublin and Star of the East. Different from Nightcap, but in a somewhat similar vein; quite robust on the Lat, but still having complexity.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Try C&D "Engine #99" as well. I wish I could go back to the first time I "got" Nightcap. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.