PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
OP-
There is no risk to you whatsoever at that rate of consumption and even a bit above. I regularly leave pipe smoking for weeks a time when traveling and have zero issues. I don't consume nicotine from another sources.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I quit smoking cigarettes last August. It was hard, and I'm surprised my wife didn't kill me. I have been smoking pipes exclusively since then. There are many days when I don't smoke a pipe, days when everybody is smoking around me, etc. I am very happy to say that that need to smoke has subsided and I can go about my day. I am pretty confident that smoking a pipe is safe as far as nicotine addiction is concerned.

Jul 12, 2011
I think everyone is different when it comes to nicotine. I have been so busy at times where I have gone a few months without smoking and other times where I tend to smoke in my sleep, hehe - :puffy:
Lady N is a real animal....and I love her :worship:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
After 3 and a half years of pipe smoking, with months on end of 7 bowls per day, I'm yet to show symptoms of addiction. That said, the risk is always there, and I am quite surprised that I can take a break for several weeks without the slightest sense of anxiety. I hope this post doesn't curse me!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Seems a lot of us came to the pipe with nicotine addiction pre loaded. Mostly because of cigarettes.

What is it about pipe smoking that attracts you?

I will say that my own nicotine addiction is now something I can live with much more harmoniously.

Other than nicotine addiction, other compulsive behavior can become somewhat habitual, or at least obsessive.

Beware of PAD, and TAD.

Enjoy the wonderful world of tobaccos and pipes, friend, and don't inhale. You'll be just fine.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mr Newbroom, you said it, most of all what caused me to switch to pipes is estethic yet pipe smoking is not mechanical and provide much more relaxed moment yet more raffined tobacco experiences than any cigarette,and sure its about learning and developing , this pipothing is much more challenching than say cigars-but is rewarding at the same time.Nevertheless seemingly this' hobby' may turn into a pretty costly business(new pipes&various tobacco types)why should I smoke only one particular tobacco and own one pipe if out there is so much to choose from,but I dont mind there's much worse ways to spend your money,and assumably we sure do not inhale apart these few light inhales at the starting of a bowl,

since I don't wanna tobacco hits me on the ground eventually.been doing this road before, Lol.

Have a Blessed Sunday, and Greets, Paul

benpipesmoking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2017
i have 2-3 bowls per week, and dont think i am addicted to the nicotine as much as I am the relaxation

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I am addicted to nicotine. That's what the gum and lozenges are for.
While I am sure I get a bit from the pipe I rarely smoke more than one bowl a day, and not everyday.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Based on my own experience, I would say that smoking only a bowl a day, which is fine, you are not going to get addicted. Smoking 2 a day you are still probably safe unless highly susceptible. Once you start smoking 3 or more bowls a day, I think your chances good that you might get some addiction, depending on the person and the type you smoke. But still, unless you are a pipe fiend, it is nothing like what you get smoking cigarettes.

twosheds1

Lurker
Oct 20, 2016
Whether or not you get addicted (or how addicted you get) really depends on how often, and how, you smoke. Inhaling several bowls a day into your lungs will most likely get you addicted. When I smoke, I only suck it into my mouth. Because of my situation I can't smoke all that often, and I never get any withdrawal systems. Of course, it's different for everyone.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
You can start with 2 bowls a week, but it can easily become an everyday thing you look forward too. I smoked cigarettes, quit for a good 8 years or so, started smoking the pipe once or twice a week, now I'm smoking once or twice a day. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to nicotine though as I can go without it easily and don't find myself craving it if I don't have my pipe.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
I would say yes.
I can go any period of time without a pipe. I do it often. Traveling. Kids. You name it.
But I have a yearning for one. It doesnt change my attitude, but I definitely want my tobacco. Much better than cigarettes, or any other numerous vices. I'm ok with it. I just make sure I never reach the stage I've seen cig smokers reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.