PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
What tobacco has the biggest nic hit for you? I've smoked Peterson's Irish Flake and Dunhill's Night Cap and neither one do a thing to me as far as nicotine but they almost floor most smokers. At the same time, I've smoked tobaccos that threatened to sit me down that had no effect on others. Just curious how other people react to tobacco/nicotine

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
LOL. Always a great topic for discussion mate. I am not affected by nic. X cig smoker for 30 yrs and just gave em up a yr ago. Baccy's reputed to be great nic hits; 1792 Flake, 5 Brothers, Dark Birdseye, Kendal Kentucky, Hal O The Wind, Dunhill Nitecap, and the list goes on and on.
One of my favorite bowls of tobacco is: Pinch of Dark Birdseye, pinch of 1792, pinch of Kendal Kentucky, repeat process until bowl is full.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Never smoked before the pipe, but I do not get a nic-hit. Apparently university flake is pretty strong, but I did not feel it at all.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I get the hic-cups with any powerful nicotine blend. One such blend that I do love but have great respect for is C&D's Riverboat Gambler. Be careful to tie your pants legs shut! But, if sipped, it is a great blend for sure. Also, it is a great mixer as well. Just don't smoke it too far into the heal or you will get the hic-cups!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Irishsmoker: Jackknife plug....... That'll do yah lad!
+1 on this.

Also an ex cigarette smoker (though less time than Mr. Fisher here) and I loaded that stuff in one of my larger pipes thinking I was invincible having built up a resistance. Half way through I found out that no...I'm not. Head swimming and all that...just let my head fall back in my chair, put the pipe down, and let it wash over me for a while. Fantastic taste on that stuff and I'd happily go back to it. Just a smaller pipe and a slower sipping.

Jul 12, 2011
Try SG's Brown Rope No.4 , it is a love/hate one like 1792...but

from reviews should be a good dose of good ol Vita-N

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Blends that have kicked me in the gut with Viamin-N?

Two Friends English Chocolate (I know. By all rights, it shouldn't have, but it did. I still love it though.)

GL Pease Jack Knife Plug

SG 1792 Flake (I really love the flavor in this one but it's a day-long smoke for me with lots of DGT'ing throughout)

G&H Rum Twist & Sweet Maple (both ropes, both full-strength)

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I really remember.
-Jason

keeper

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
Triple Play is pretty strong and has given me some light headedness on occasion. Definitely have to eat before and have learned that the consumption of sugar before/during the smoke eliminates the problem. I'm no doctor but I've heard that large amounts of nic cause your blood sugar to drop which is why one gets nic related problems. Anecdotally it's worked for me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Petersons Irish Flake
1792 Flake.....only smoked a couple of times, don't mind the strength, just don't like the flavor.
Haddo's Delight
Escudo
Nightcap
I still smoke cancer sticks so pipe tobacco doesn't bother me at all. I am down from 1.5 packs a day to about 7. Soon hope to be cig free.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Try SG's Brown Rope No.4 , it is a love/hate one like 1792...but

from reviews should be a good dose of good ol Vita-N
Just ordered an ounce and will have it tomorrow, I'm hoping I get that full bodied Vitamin "N" hit for the evening smoke, also have some cake coming that I hope I get by Christmas

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
95% of the time nothing happens. I smoke the high nic blends before bed. Every once in awhile I get hiccups and gulp water quickly to stop them. When I got gluttonous twice(smoked two bowls back to back in a huge Upshall) I got woosy and nauseous but felt fine after stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.