PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Sometimes I think they're more hope than reality.What I mean is we always hope to keep them.In my case at least a lot of times it doesn't happen though.Here's mine for 2012.I hope to learn how to post pictures here.I finally learned to take pictures with my cell phone.Next step is to learn to upload them into the computer.If you're getting the idea that I have to learn things a step at a time you're exactly right..Are you going to make new years resolutions?If so what are the chances that you will keep them?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
congrats on the want to start a family, i hope u r sucessful, my kids r grown an gone and i wish i had it to do all over again, but im 47, wife is 42 and she says NO Way Man lol so i guess we wait an hope for grandchildren now

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
My only one at the moment is to kick the sticks and go full-time pipe. Already started - I find it's not so much a problem of nicotine intake as just the pace of the rest of my day-to-day activities. It's been hard to convince myself that it's perfectly alright to slow down every now and then.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Ditto with me on the dropping cigarettes completely...Wife promised to buy one more pipe when I did for a month... There's an incentive for ya !

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I would also like to give up cigs, but I'm not too hopeful about it.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I don't do resolutions, but I do set goals for the year. This winter the goal is to get as much maintenance done on the boat as possible. That way I can have a leisurely time drifting around with the tides this summer.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I figure if something is worth changing it's worth doing now. No offense to those who do resolve to do things on new years though. What ever makes it happen for you is a good thing :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I came within about a month of having gastric bypass surgery to tame my food problem.
I decided to postpone it, because the pre-operation diet (high protein, low carb) has been the most successful and easiest to maintain diet I've ever been on.
The whole stigma that's attached to the 'new years resolution' is that everyone makes them and almost nobody follows through ... thus no one wants to bother with things they really don't want to do or they just wish they would.
But in my case it fits ... I've found 'resolve' that this is my plan for the indefinite future. My resolution is to keep coming back to the pre-op diet until I can run up a couple of flights of stairs without having to breathe heavy.
It may take a couple of 'new years resolutions', though :lol:

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Mine is simple. Keeping brewery and distillers employees working

The other is that the trains are going faster now and I can,t

ride a freight car to Tampa like I use to. They also made the wooden

cross ties higher and closer together. Had to forget about that one

:|

" Hobo " Joe

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I resolve to smoke more pipe tobacco and drink all this beer I have been saving. Seriously, I want to save up for a couple of high end pipes for next Christmas. But then again, it doesn't get much better than this delicious Plum Pudding in my Grabow that I am puffing on right now. :puffy:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
To relax and enjoy the collection and cellar I've built over the years. To stay picky even with money in my pocket and to sharpen my eye to possible new acquisitions. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.