PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It is about this time of the year when the inevitable question about New Years Resolutions is broached by some well mean or misguided soul. Outside of the usual ones like my resolution not to marry anymore crazy women from Finland or not to fart in public I was pondering what I should do in 2015 in my 5th decade on this green a fetid planet. For starters I am not going to start smoking aromatics, nor am I suddenly going to become some polite and concerned human that worries about the fate of some unusual animal that I have never shot before that is suddenly the cause of the moment among celebrities. I am resolved that I will not attempt to teach Sunday school at a local church, I mean would you want your little diaper bundles of fun coming home with a large dose of Condor cynicism? I think I will just resolve to smoke more of my favorite blend and buy less 'cutty' pipes this year and consume even less scotch than normal! Happy 2015 chaps as I am now official on holiday until January 6th in California!

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
My resolution is to get back into pipe smoking. Been about 8 months since I have, as I got a job working on the ambulance, and I work 60+ hours a week. Just bought myself one of those macqueen dwarf churchwarden pipes, and I'm gonna see how it smokes.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Be kinder to all people.
Shorthand: don't be a dick. (or, be less of a dick, depending on one's perspective).

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I am downsizing even more than before. I am searching for a used small camper trailer (with kitchenette/bath/shower) and hope to be moved out of my rental house by June. Once done, I will start either converting the trailer to an efficient 'tiny home' or build one from scratch.
oh yeah.. and smoke more bakky..

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Mine is to go harder at stocking my cellar. I've spent the last year trying lots of different blends and I've got a great idea of the blends I want to go heavy on.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I ran my first 5k on October 10th of this year. I had lost 13.5 lbs in training for it 3 times a week, for about 5-6 weeks. While I'm not in terrible shape, my goal is to continue losing weight.
I also intend to reduce the number of things that I own. Predominantly books that I don't need and old clothing that I can't fit properly, or that might look ratty.
As far as pipe smoking, I'd like to try tobacco called "flake" or "rope" or whatever that block stuff is. If those kinds of tobacco are better I'd probably just switch to those.
I'd also like to get a larger rotation of pipes so the stand I have doesn't look so empty and maybe find a nice cabinet to put everything in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of my resolutions for this year was not to correct other peoples' grammar. So I'm breaking it just this once.

Since you can count cutty pipes, you buy fewer, not less. This is the most recent morsel of grammar to go down

in flames. Condor is in distinguished company with seven figure broadcasters and all the world online. But it's

simple to do it correctly. If you can count them -- people, trees, sheep, barrels of oil -- there are fewer of them,

not less. With more abstract quantities, like the water in the lake, there is less of it. Okay, I'm an old fogey and the

only one who cares about such drivel. And boy, do I pop typographical and grammar errors in my posts, I do.

And please, please, don't fact-check me!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
New Years resolution:

To come up with a unrealistic goal. Try real hard for two weeks, and then revert back to my old ways.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I need to lose 20 lbs. My resolution is to switch 20lbs of fat into 20lbs of pipe tobacco for the cellar. :)

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I need to lose 20 lbs. My resolution is to switch 20lbs of fat into 20lbs of pipe tobacco for the cellar. :)
Does that mean, if you gain any more, you need to smoke that much or give that much away? :D

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
In 2015 I resolve to eat something Vegan with every meal at least once a month until summer.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
In 2015 I resolve to eat something Vegan with every meal at least once a month until summer.
PURRRRFECT! (LOL, couldnt resist..avatar)
Just remember.. Cows are vegan, squirrels and rabbits are vegan, bison are vegan, as are turkey and chicken!

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I don't make new years resolutions because I know I won't keep them AKA the people who say they are going to start working out. You see them at the gym the first week then you never see them again.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Yep, that's true for most people. My friends in high school were notorious for that exact thing.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
I was resolute in 2012 to keep a near daily Journal. The promise to myself is something I took really seriously. 75% of 2012 was captured meaning my thoughts and insights on being away from my family for 10 months, the birth of my Brother's first child, and many other important events were captured. I've kept it up and I'll be wrapping 2014 tonight! This year saw the birth of my sisters second child, my moving to Florida from New Mexico while having to leave my wife and children behind (albeit temporarily), the heart break and aftermath that followed, as well as the joys of my first half year of pipe smoking and joining this community.
I am resolute to keep this up for 2015. While I understand the avoidance of making New Year’s resolutions, I know that in this case I would not have had been steadfast in seeing this through. I value the time it takes to put my day into perspective and put it to virtual pen and paper. It has also vastly improved both my short and long term memory. If I can continue, one day I will be able to read about the day I smoked my first pipe, reunited with my wife and kids, and so much more that my life has to behold.
Maybe someday, G-d willing, one of my children or Grandchildren will pick it up and gain some insight about who I was. That would mean a lot to me. This can't happen unless I maintain my perennial New Year’s resolution. Happy 2015 one and all….
j/B

Status
Not open for further replies.