PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
4UPoB9c.jpg

The watch quest is over. I tracked down my new Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Tough at Doland Jewellers in Davenport, IA.
I also got out of the truck and spent a day this past week on the coast of Maine at Cape Elizabeth and Portland. Enjoy! (as I certainly did).
Ki6cS2S.jpg

gjDqgky.jpg

dBlF5ZB.jpg

bpGeZB7.jpg

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Thank you! That gentleman in the third pic pulled in a striped bass while I watched. Lobster roll and blueberry pie at the crab shack at Two Lights, Pizza at Portland Pie Company for dinner. Cigar on the wharf for dessert ;)
A good day.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
What is it about the watch that attracted you?
There are a few things I was looking for in general;
1. Face watch instead of digital. It's a classic look and I wanted to retain it.

2. Band without links. This could be leather or synthetic, but I wanted the easy adjustability of the buckle strap. I'm tall and lanky with narrow wrists, so I didn't want to worry about fit.

3. No batteries to fuss with. Some day I'd like to pick up a proper mechanical watch (the Omega Railmaster tops that list), but the solar powered cell is perfect meanwhile.

4. Elegant face. Stylistically simple and spacious. Uncrowded with numbers or other dials/gauges.

5. Luminescent.

6. Durable. Somewhere in my search I centered on the term "field watch" and this is a great example of the genre. Titanium plated, synthetic sapphire crystal, cordura band.
I chose this color over the all-black nightout version of the same watch for personal aesthetic reasons. I like earth tones. It sets off my eternal tan nicely. The face nearly matches the green of my eyes (actually 'hazel', but predominately green).

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
iSjbAHW.jpg

Surprisingly hard to take a good picture of eyes, but there ya go. (Yes, I'm aware that nobody asked :nana: )

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Very cool.
My brother just bought me a Citizen Eco Drive Diver's 200m last week.
Looking forward to getting many years of use out of it. Glad it's solar powered. If I ever test out it's durability at 200m it's because the sailboat went down and I went with it! :D

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Lol...The stash is "permanently tentative". I look like I'm 16 if I shave with a razor, and I look like Jeffrey Dahmer if I don't shave at all.

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
A beautiful watch and pictures. Right on! I have the same problem with a stash lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.