PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So I tend to like most blends a little dry, and up until now I have been using plates or foil to set small piles out to dry. Well, I had the idea, and I am sure I am not the first, to use one of these old dip trays as a nice looking tobacco tray. I picked this up at a thrift store for 3 bucks, cleaned it up and spread some of my favorite blends out to dry. Now my wifes counter looks better, and my tobacco is not scattered around the kitchen.
CAM00396_zpscad6a247.jpg

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I'm off to the thrift store tomorrow and see what i can find. That's a real keen idea you had. I have probably discarded several of those in my lifetime, and my wife tells me I never throw anything away...

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it, I may just head out and do something similar.

Rincewind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Very nice. Are you able to remember which tobacco is which if you have similar blends drying at the same time? Or do you have a system like leaving the tin or jar next to each section?

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys.
Drhuff- I can remember pretty well, since at most there will be five blends, and some will always be there. Black Cordial amd Waffle House are both aros, and have distinct scents. Right now I also have SG Full Virginia Flake, Jacknife Plug and BB Bayou Slice laid out, each rubs out a little differently, and the scents are slightly different.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Very good idea!

It's much better than pack into pipes and wait for the dry all day.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Cool idea!!! (As long as there isn't a sudden breeze through a window!). Also just a HU if you have pets who can get up onto the counters...tobacco is quite toxic to them.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Excellent recycling! I use an old gourmet dip jar - it's about 3" in diameter and about 1.5" high. When I'm not drying out tobacco, my tampers live in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.