PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Just came across this listing on eBay. Granted the tin is sealed and may be ancient but is it $4000 worth? Yikes. Only $500/oz!
Dunhill Standard Mixture Mild Duke Street
$_3.JPG

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
What I find entertaining is that you also have to pay and additional $10 for shipping. You would think that spending $4000 for a tin of tobacco would qualify you for free shipping.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The problem with an ancient tin of that size is that it tends to go flat a week or so after opening in my experience. An equivalent amount in 2 oz tins? Yeah, it may very well be worth the money.

Mike S.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I see a market in counterfeit cutter top tins.
Yep. If this price is reached I can envision a bunch of, all of a sudden found, tins hitting the market.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Old blends going flat, yep, unfortunately this has been my experience. But that first bowl is excellent, but not for that price.

Oct 7, 2016
They don't always go flat. My experience with cutter tops that are still soundly sealed was actually pretty good. That seller can come up with some very interesting stuff. I recently saw a picture of a glorious Charatan's cup and saucer Supreme that likely came from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.