PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2019
Kentucky
Hello y’all. I new to pipe smoking like less than a couple months. Still trying to get my pack down and get the feel of it. I’m a boat captain on the Ohio River. Looking forward to picking y’alls brain. Thanks

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum!
I like to see the diverse occupations and folks on this forum. Boat captain? Sounds very cool. I think you should be required to have a pipe for that actually.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are all (well most anyway) here to help!

Feb 22, 2019
Kentucky
Ha ha ha no I don’t wear a sailor hat. My wife did get me a pipe with and anchor carved in the side. I’m thinking y’all are right I do need a cob pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm impressed with your boat captain status. That's some serious licensure. That puts you in the sequestered company of Samuel Clemens and John Hartford. I recommend the special edition Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipes that come with acrylic stems that don't chew out quickly. I was a radioman on a minesweeper in the South China Sea for several prolonged patrols, but it wasn't my career, and I was allowed to a rare change from radioman to journalist because of turbulent times in the U.S. Navy, back during the Trojan War.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I’m thinking y’all are right I do need a cob pipe.

Nah, you don't. Bent briars look more captainish:
Cptn_Grrrumpf.jpg

Feb 22, 2019
Kentucky
I mean I think I should get both of them at least right . I’m thinking pipes are like guns can never have enough in your collection. mso489 thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.