New to it all...Am I headed in the right direction?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunny

Lurker
Nov 15, 2015
Whoa...want an overwhelming welcome and response! That is awesome and thank you! Alright, let me see if I can respond to everyone where is a response is due (if I miss someone it is not intentional).
First and foremost, I need to stay off websites or I may lose the support of my wife if she knew the kind of money I've spent just to get started in this venture, granted she somewhat expects it because I try not to do things half @$$ed. After years of not bass fishing I decided to get back into it and I never heard the end of it every time a new rod or reel showed up, LOL! This will be no different I'm sure, granted she'll still support me.
MSO - Thank you for the suggestions. I will pick up a few more cobs as well.
Dutchman - Thanks for the tip on the mason jars. I will pick up a few next time I'm at the store. Actually I need to dig through my cabinets as I think I have a dozen or so somewhere, unless my kids broke them all.
Davet - I think a majority of what I ordered was aromatics. I know a few of them weren't and I'm looking to pick up a couple more. I will look at the codger's too.
newbroom - Thank you and I'll look into. Yes, I don't blast forums with questions that have been asked a thousand times, unless I just cannot find the answer I'm looking for. I use to frequent many forums and moderated a few. Once deployments picked up I didn't have the time for it. This is the forum I've been on in a while with the exception of a few gun and knife ones (I'm a gun and knife freak too).
Briar - Yes, once I make the final decision that pipe smoking is something I will enjoy until the end of my time comes I will definitely shell a few more dollars for some higher grade pipes. As well, I begin searching/researching for some of the ones you mentioned. Thank you for the suggestions.
fitzy - I appreciate the input. I looked at a few of those today, just haven't made any decisions yet. I'll definitely keep them on my "to try" list.
alde - I appreciate the offer, but I have to decline, LOL! Since she put up with me and all my deployments throughout my time in the military and still continues to put up with me I'm going to have to keep her.
Again, thank you all for the awesome welcome and suggestions. I look forward to talking with you all more!

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Glad to have you! Your ability to smoke in the house is a privilege unknown to most of us!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
So far as being headed in the right direction... when in doubt, find Polaris and head north!
North is the wrong direction to go for reasonably priced pipe tobacco (if you're in the US, of course).

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Doing better than I did. What's funny? You'll probably hide around the corner enjoying that cob, breaking out those briar's just to look good. Just poking at you!

Status
Not open for further replies.