PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
PPS doblone really is horrible

And with that I will sit back and predict how long it takes to sell out at a SPC. It’s kinda a hobby of mine, following the free marketing these posts provide to the pipe community. But in a good way. Seriously, there is a wealth of knowledge here if one is willing to actually read and sort through the posts. I love this site for this function, among others.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I'll be honest, I'm one that bought 5 tins of Doblone d'Oro based on your reviews and not having tried it. I watched SPC go from 160 tins to 30 in 2 days. Decided to pick some up and am glad I did. Great smoke and glad to know it's readily available (with some patience when it does go out of stock). I smoke so slow, it'll last me some time. But still, great recommendation and much appreciated knowledge!!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's a hoot to hear that Doblone d'Oro is selling out, because when Jim and I first started talking about it last year, nobody had been buying it. The tins I picked up had all been on the shelf for a couple of years.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It might be that Doblone d'Oro was slow to take off simply because the name on the label was Savinelli.

My SPC review from 2014:

Doblone d'Oro: a surprise hit from Savinelli

October 26, 2014

1 Approved

By: cortez attic

Product: Savinelli Doblone d'Oro 100g

VaBur taste with a gently sweet wine-like character, and fruity notes riding atop a subtle smoky background. Very unique and intriguing taste! Downside: 1" coins are tightly packed and difficult to separate -- about half fall apart; but that's not a deal breaker for me. Supposedly a close copy of the old 3 Nuns (with Perique.)

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Truth be told, it took me 2 years to finish my 100gm tin of doblone. I really liked it initially but it didn’t hold my attention for whatever reason like SJF or Fillmore. If folks want to stockpile something I would recommend checking out Watch City 558..pick up some Watch City Slices while you’re there. Surprisingly good stuff and it’s great to support a mom and pop shop particularly when the quality of blends and leaf are at a minimum competitive with the big dogs.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Received 1 can of yellow and 1 of green. Letting some of the yellow dry, but the first smell is positive. Nice looking little coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.