PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
My wife gave me my Christmas present early! A Newair temperature controlled humidor!
gwfDTf4.jpg

LbB444j.jpg

Which works out really well since a whole box of Ave Maria Knights Templar cigars showed up:
VpI9DnM.jpg

JPOMqy1.jpg

y4tV8A1.jpg

Also got 10 Java maduros in:
ARKYYkO.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I love it! I remember getting my cigar humidor finally delivered from Aristocrat (Bob Staebell) back in the day. It was a new world being able to store full boxes. Mine is still going strong and full of aged cigars that don’t get much love due to my preference for pipe smoking now.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Nice set-up.
Mine is still going strong and full of aged cigars that don’t get much love due to my preference for pipe smoking now.
Your address please :-P
Edit: I forgot to mention that I like Ave Maria Knights Templar. Medium-bodied, never-tiring cigars.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
in 9/12 I bough a box of 10 Partagas Lusitanias from a Hong Kong cigar store. I was advised that they would peak in 7 years. 4 made it to this year, 2 of which I sold for $40.00 and the other 2 I gave to my tobacconist in compensation for a half dozen humidor seasoning consults. I was going to post that a well-aged cigar is a thing of beauty, but then I remembered that I probably never smoked one, these Partagas coming as closely to that as anything.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I've been a fan of Ave Maria for some time, and the Knights Templar is my favorite shape. AJ Fernandez outdid himself with that cigar. My tastes generally run toward stronger cigars, but these have so much flavor and complexity that I enjoy them regularly.
Russ

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I love Ave Marias. True, they are not a strong or complex as some cigars but sometimes I just don't want stronger or more complex. It's also hard to find a flaw in an Ave Maria, in terms of flavor, non-harshness, etc. as opposed to physical construction.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
shanez, have you ever tried Ave Maria Divinia? They are the best IMHO. Also there is one Reconquista that has been sleeping in my humidor for some time. Keeping that one for a special occasion.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Kingly gift. Wish I had a wife like that. Heh, wish I had a wife at all.
Regardless, now I have to get me a box of Ave Marias like that one: truly a masterpiece of art, both the box and the bands.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
jvnshr, I haven't had the Divinia yet but have been wanting to. I pick one up and give it a spin.
The Reconquista is definitely a nice smoke. I have a few left in my humidor. That being said, unless I can get a good deal on them there are better cigars for less money.
This is just my personal opinion, but cigars that surpass $15/stick really have to stand out otherwise I'm happier spending less on something like an Ashton VSG. Now that being said, something like a Reconquista is really nice to have on a special occasion, like my birthday, which is why I like to keep a few around.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
shanez, I think the Reconquista I bought came with a sampler pack, just a single coffin. I can't remember the price, checking now I can see that a single one is around $16-18.
but cigars that surpass $15/stick really have to stand out otherwise I'm happier spending less on something like an Ashton VSG
Can't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.