PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Decided I wanted to do something fun with a tamper and try some things out I've been meaning to try, so I grabbed a piece of Granadillo and went to work. I still need to get some finer tipped dremel bits to clean the corners, but I think it's coming along quite nicely:
20190501_194916-600x291.jpg

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Matt,
Very cool. I always look forward to reading your posts and seeing your latest and greatest projects :) You certainly have a talent (and agree with another poster in a separate thread that you need a brand so no one steals your ideas!!)

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Looks like it's going to be a nice tamper. I don't have the talent or the hands steady enough to do that type of fine work.
I am attempting to make some rustic pipe tampers out of deer antler, though.

RV0UHgg.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'churchwarden, both a commendable tamper and piece of wood sculpture, and pappy, that antler ought to make some nifty tampers.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That is one badass looking tamper! I bought a nice tamper tool a while ago but have yet to use it. Here in AK in the it seems wherever I smoke I am always paranoid about launching that sucker over a railing, into the drink, down in the weeds, off the snowmachine, etc. so I am always still just using el cheapos. I should probably relocate the nice one to my winter "bubbles shed" little guest cabin that I use to smoke in without freezing my sac off

Status
Not open for further replies.