PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Ok, I said I wouldn't be buying any new pipes until I had totally quit cigarettes, but I just couldn't pass up this Stanwell I ran across at Book World in Fond Du Lac, WI this morning.
05ac9b5a.jpg

21fd0d42.jpg

3e7238a6.jpg

8906edf5.jpg

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
LOL Lawrence, thanks.
Due to it's age I believe it to be a Danish Stanwell. I could tell from the oxydation on the stem that it had been in that shop for quite a while. That's the main reason I couldn't pass it up. There won't be any more Danish made Stanwells.
When I have soome extra cash to spend I plan to return there and see how many more Stanwells they have there.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
There won't be any more Danish made Stanwells
Hey pipetrucker. Why is that? Where are they making them now? I haven't heard anything.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Nice pipe Mason.
Here's some behind the scenes info that I don't think made the "pipe related news".
While the Danish Stanwell factory closed and the production moved to Italy - some of the pipes have some finishing done back in Denmark at the Orlik factory.
I have the pics to prove it, but they are on my desktop at home, which I can't access right now, but that's another story.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Nice pipe Mason.
Here's some behind the scenes info that I don't think made the "pipe related news".
While the Danish Stanwell factory closed and the production moved to Italy - some of the pipes have some finishing done back in Denmark at the Orlik factory.
I have the pics to prove it, but they are on my desktop at home, which I can't access right now, but that's another story.
Thanks.
I wondered if some of the finish work on the "top of the line" stuff wouldn't be done back at home base to help maintain their image. Thanks for confirming that suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.