PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

homeatsea

Preferred Member
Mar 6, 2013
After a few years out of the hobby I recently returned. I shed some old pipes I no longer felt attached to and used the funds to grab two new pocket pipes that both recently arrived. I've been smoking C&D's Bayou Morning in the Chacom USA Acorn (95) all week (what a lovely VaPer, glad I followed some recommendations from the forum on this one). I finally got the Stanwell in the mail yesterday and broke it in this morning with a tin of Capstan Blue from 2012. How I've missed this! Wishing you all well.

mtwaller

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’m a sucker for Lovats, or is that technically and Canadian? Either way, love the short saddle stem look on that Stanwell. Good looking pipe! Clean and classy.

homeatsea

Preferred Member
Mar 6, 2013
Daniel,
Here's the smokingpipes.com listing for the Stanwell:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/stanwell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=278571
Hope that helps.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I spent some years away from pipe smoking, and it was nice to get back. Right now I'm nursing this interminable flu bug, so I'm looking forward to a bowl of leaf.

homeatsea

Preferred Member
Mar 6, 2013
Hope you kick that bug soon, mso. Also, it’s good to see some familiar faces are still active here from back when I originally joined the forums. I’m glad you’re still around.

Feb 7, 2019
I've been out of town for the past two weeks and am out of touch with the forum. Sorry you are puny, mso. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

paulie66scandinavian

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Great looking pipe no doubt ,just what I like ,Stanwell Royal Guards are well made ones,I have had few of this very 98 shape in past,and now have one straight grain,its my my pipe of choice for virgina forward flakes,back in the days prior to Royal Guards Stanwell had now discontinued Royal Prince line,those were very fine pipes as well,Your Chacom is a fine pipe too, My Congrats and welcome back to so called pipe smoking'hobby'

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Welcome back! Both are nice pipes, the Chacom is a real beauty, but French pipes seldom get much love for some reason. Look forward to seeing more posts from you. :puffy:

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
Both are lovely pipes. I hope they give you many years of enjoyment. Congrats, and enjoy the heck out of them! :clap: