PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Must be some sort of new self-focused cult, like Scientology, but cheaper.

Cheaper only as long as it doesn't have to do anything with PAD :oops:

EDIT: Seems to be over now.
Maybe all of us just were given a brief moment of enlightenment by "the creator" ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I agree with you, original poster, on rolling on. If this is a negative process, it is really subtle; real burn-outs often aren't. Secondly, the design of the pipe is sturdy. Third, Nording by reputation and in my experience builds work horse pipes at all price points. Other considerations are how many pipes you have in rotation -- more pipes make emerging troubles more remote, and what kind of smoker are you, a puffer or a sipper, and how often do you smoke a pipe. I repeat myself ... I don't think this is anything. You are new at this, so you get to be a pipe hypochondriac. Do a mental reset and enjoy your pipe, and count this as a good learning experience. That's a beautiful pipe. Pleasure is the object here. I have north of 80 pipes and they are (excuse me) tough mothers.

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
I've taken the plunge, and glad I did! I love the way this pipe feels in the hand and smokes (I get pefect airflow). I just dropped 1/2 bowl of Old Gowrie in there and taste nothing but delicious tobacco.
My collection is still small at 10 pipes. The others being a few low end Savinellis, an old Jeantet (this was my grandfather's), an old Capitello, and recently a new Wilson Crown and Neerup from SP as well. Perhaps I have an thing for Danish styling...
Again thank you to everyone for the input. This was far more feedback than I ever imagined.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusk

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Beautiful pipe, man. Personally, I'd dig it out and make sure it back to solid wood. If the depression is deeper than 1/16", then I'd carefully place some fireplace mortar in the depression and be careful with it. I think pipe mud is just too easy to dig out when I'm cleaning a bowl. However, I am overly aggressive at fixing things, and I AM NO EXPERT. If anything ever smells like burning wood, stop and take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.