PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
After a lot of coming and going I'm almost done with putting together my new smoking spot.

It is at my office. My wife is pregnant for the first time and I cannot smoke at home, although I sometimes smoke a small bowl while walking the dog or out in the terrace.

Just wanted to share it with you all.
Cheers,
J
Spot-2_zpsz4jcvvdk.jpg

Spot-1_zpso7b9goyg.jpg

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Extremely nice bungee I really like how everything came together for you! Congratulations on the imminent arrival of the baby.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"That's at your office???"
Nice work-place. Great array of pipe stuff. There is actual work accomplished there, right?

mvmadore

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2015
Northern NY
That's a great looking spot.

My grandfather's favorite spot was sitting in his favorite rocking chair in our cellar. The house was a 100 year old, more or less, triple decker...three family...the foundation was native stone...whatever was around when they built the house lol...and the cellar floor was dirt. It was dim but with the coal fired boiler that served all three floors it was always warm in the winter and cool in the summer. There was a room with around a dozen 50 gallon wooden casks filled with Portuguese Port wine that he and his best friend made from their one acre vineyard. There was also a wood burning cook stove that my grandfather cooked fish, eels, etc. in because my grandmother would not let him stink up "her" house.

My VaVoo, Portuguese slang for grandfather, would be sitting in his chair wearing his favorite button down sweater, with burn holes in it of course, rocking away and smoking his pipe and sipping his wine. I'd sit there with him and sometimes his friend just hanging...I was 6ish and older...and sometimes getting a very small glass of wine for myself.

If I had my choice I would recreate this room exactly I remember it and be very very happy.
Thanks for triggering a very happy memory.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you for all the replies and comments guys! Haven't been online for a few days, so excuse the delay.
Work gets accomplished despite the temptation and the decanters are there just for pipe cleaning purposes. I don't drink at work, not yet at least...
Ericusrex, yes, the audio rig is some serious stuff: Mark Levinson No.23, Antique Audio PA-1 valve preamp, wadia transport, Krell DAC, custom made turntable, and a pair of ADS 1290 from the eighties. Sounds amazing!
Mvmadore, great story. Thanks for sharing it.
Cheers,
J

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you guys! Now I need to find the time to enjoy it properly...
Cheers,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.