PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I should've brought an umbrella with me today from all the rain on the parade around here. Sheesh!
Do you have a pipesmagazine.com one? Could I buy it on BriarBid?
As with all things that change there are always those who are adverse to it. Kevin, I applaud your efforts in business and in the industry. I do not disagree with anyone's opinion stated above but I what I always tell people who ride in the car with me...
"If you don't like what is on the radio you are more then welcome to jump out."
Don't let the few who can't see what you are doing affect your day. Again, congrats in your new venture. I hope to see it succeed and plan on doing my part with it.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
So...I have to use PayPal? Or did I miss something? Because I don't use PayPal...also why couldn't we have both the new and the old I agree I got al lot more of a connection with the people on this forum with the buyselltrade section. Though I like the new website it's cool but if I can't do money orders or send cash.. .

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Buy out is like a buy it now feature. No auction. Price listed is price paid
Mostly, yes. But, you can run an auction with bidding AND a buy out option. This way, bidding takes place normally, but the seller has the option of providing a price that the item can be sold for directly. The buy out option is only in effect until bidding reaches that price.
Reserve pricing is the minimum price at which the item will sell. If bidding never reaches that level, there's no deal.
These options are available when listing an item for sale.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
OK,just signed up. Got a couple of questions about the fee structure.

#1-- "Additional images upload fee". How many photos can be put in a listing before incurring additional fees?

#2--What is a "Media upload fee"?
Listing fees are a bit higher than what I usually pay on Ebag( and no pic fees),but the final value (end of auction) fees are less than Ebags.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Kevin, the new site looks great and once I figure out how it works, I will list a few pipes. I think the place is a great idea and I hope it takes off. Ebay has become a shill driven place where dishonesty is the rule rather than the exception. Now when we see an auction if Kevin sees any shill bidding he can ban that person. We will have a place where an honest auction can take place, and not have to worry we are being jacked up by unscrupulous sellers.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@cigrmaster

Kevin, where do I put in my pay pal or credit card info so I can be billed? I don't see where it is?
We do not keep a record of anyone's payment info. Whether you are buying or selling, when it comes time to pay, you are re-directed to Pay Pal to enter your info, and then you are re-directed back to BriarBid.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Ok..well I won't have a legit credit card until after bootcamp. (Lack of steady income jobs are hard to find. ) I have a debit though.

Do you think you could reopen of change the forum to just like trade and baccy?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@mrgunnar177
1. You can use Pay Pal with a debit card.
2. Did you notice that I made a new forum this morning for tobacco only, trading only?
Check it out. You could be the first one to post.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I like it. It will be nice when there are ton of pipes up for sale. I have some vintage Falcons I will put up once I get pictures taken.
Thanks for making the tobacco trade section available on the forum again though, there will always be a need for that even with when it is allowed to go up on Briarbird.

Status
Not open for further replies.