PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Just registered. I'm thinking this could be really cool! I know there are lots of pipes on Ebay already, but I think once word gets around were going to see some really cool stuff for sale on Briarbid.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If any of you guys post on other forums, or have a blog, or Facebook, please post in all of those places to help us get the word out.
Can anyone post about this over at SF?
If I do it, it's spam. If you do it, it's news.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I think I'll miss doing the odd trade deals that have always worked out in the end. I.e. pipes for tobaccos or tampers etc etc

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Looks great Kevin! How will you be handling things when a pipe isn't received after paid for or in a condition less than what was listed? I hate to bring it up, but that is something I always worry about with buying on line. I never worried much about it here because we all know each other, but the new site will have a lot more people.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Out of the points first posted 2-4 seem to be nothing new than we already had here. I automatically worry when someone actively tell/sell me the new things I can have when I in fact already have these things in the first place. The new site building a community is awesome maybe it can reach and educate more people on this wonderful hobby. It does mean if it catches on that people will at first check both sites to see what’s going on, but the majority (not everyone) then migrate to one or the other exclusively depending on which fits their needs better making both less active overall.
Point 1 is new and the dollar will be passed onto the buyer as business costs naturally are, honestly no big deal cause it is just a buck and frankly I believe in paying for services and the site does perform a service. Could probably 2-3 dollars more in this aspect and still be fine. Point 5 is new and BETTER than eBay I think appears to be very well thought out in this aspect. I actually hope point 5 catches on in other places on the net.
From first glance it appears to me though that MySpace just invented FaceBook and asked everyone to go check it out.
Of course I could have missed the mark entirely and just misunderstood.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very impressive Kevin—nice job! I am optimistic about this service. I think it bodes well for all of us here. Looking forward to following the activity. :puffy:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@Al

I can pop it on SF later today.
Thanks man.
I am also still waiting for the email notification to complete the sign up
I manually approved you. You should be able to login now.
@shaintiques

Signed up and will post some nice estates next week
Awesome. Thanks for your support.
@voorhees

been waiting on my email from the site....not usually this slow.
F*cking AOL! We worked with them to NOT have BriarBid emails mistakenly flagged as spam. I guess they forgot all about our communications and decided to be idiots again.
I manually approved you. You can login now.
@grizzly86

Looks great Kevin! How will you be handling things when a pipe isn't received after paid for or in a condition less than what was listed? I hate to bring it up, but that is something I always worry about with buying on line. I never worried much about it here because we all know each other, but the new site will have a lot more people.
Just like here, the community will help us police the site. There are self-governing tools, plus there are admin tools. However, we do not have the advantage of owning Pay Pal like eBay does, so we can't just take money from someone's account.
@dervis

Out of the points first posted 2-4 seem to be nothing new than we already had here. I automatically worry when someone actively tell/sell me the new things I can have when I in fact already have these things in the first place. The new site building a community is awesome maybe it can reach and educate more people on this wonderful hobby. It does mean if it catches on that people will at first check both sites to see what’s going on, but the majority (not everyone) then migrate to one or the other exclusively depending on which fits their needs better making both less active overall.
Point 1 is new and the dollar will be passed onto the buyer as business costs naturally are, honestly no big deal cause it is just a buck and frankly I believe in paying for services and the site does perform a service. Could probably 2-3 dollars more in this aspect and still be fine. Point 5 is new and BETTER than eBay I think appears to be very well thought out in this aspect. I actually hope point 5 catches on in other places on the net.
From first glance it appears to me though that MySpace just invented FaceBook and asked everyone to go check it out.
Of course I could have missed the mark entirely and just misunderstood.
Awesome dude! I'm hiring you to do PR for us!
Seriously though, BriarBid.com is an alternative to eBay, not PipesMagazine.
@briarblues & numbersix - Thanks for your support.
@flyfishn
I'm hiring you to do PR too!
'Scuse me for trying to make a living while providing an awesome service and working my ass off.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@crazypipe

Looks like ebay #2 to me and the prices are to high
1. It's better than eBay for the reasons stated in my thread opener.
2. If you are a seriously interested buyer, try doing a search for the price range that suits your budget, and you may find something.
If you are just glancing at the home page, then yeah - you're going to see the latest auctions by Briar Blues, and he sells some awesome pipes that are not low-budget.
Lonestar has some great deals on the site already.
I should've brought an umbrella with me today from all the rain on the parade around here. Sheesh!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I like the site and will be registering shortly. Will see how iPhone compatible it is. I do agree with flyfiishin as I've done some trades that included pipes, tampers, and tobacco all in one. Trading is great these days in an economy that isn't so great. You may not have money, but you have something someone else wants and vice versa

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Dont get me wrong, I dont mind the website and at first glance it appears to be very well put together and user friendly. And I completely agree with making a profit as I pointed out. I guess with alot of people it will fill a need. The need had to be created however by removing ability from the current website. I dont understand but that is probably why I dont create/operate various websites. I hope it works and I am sure I will be a customer. As far as the prices I havent seen anything outrageous. Biding does invoke higher prices somewhat, but more so it makes craftsmen to improve their craft to get those elusive bids. I think it does inspire higher quality of pipes for everyone. And again worlds better than eBay.
Of course if I am bring brought on as a paid PR representative please disregard every post made prior to this point.....

Status
Not open for further replies.