PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I’m impressed with how well this works without Javascript, good job.

Now I do have one formatting complaint. (Ok two now that I’m typing this.)

On the old forum the “Latest Discussions” section listed about twice as many posts.
Shrinking the list on the main forum page is fine, but when I click on it and go to the dedicated section for “New Posts” it’s still just 20 threads, even though that page of the website keeps on going down a very long ways.

Maybe this number is just the average threads to get a new post every day and the change won’t be a big deal, but I think it would be really nice to have access to a listing of 30-40 threads all at once somewhere on the site so that I can do a quick text search and find subjects of threads from the past few days.
And I feel it makes casual browsing of new threads a bit easier.

Edit:
Now I’ve noticed the “Threads below have not been updated since your last visit.” Function, very fancy (and amazingly it works without Javascript).
Having the ability to sort threads like that might just be good enough to alleviate my thread-finding concerns for now.

Second, the text input box for new posts only shows three lines right now (Javascript off, using Safari on iPad iOS).
Given that I’m probably the only one blocking scripts this might not be worth fiddling with since it does still work decently as-is, three lines of text is just enough to be able to format my posts, but either expanding the input box or allowing view of the full field of text like the old forum would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: admin
Mar 1, 2014
Ah, turning Javascript on reveals the Edit button. (And text input formatting works well with scripts on.)
Edit: Aha aha! Selecting text reveals the Edit button even going scriptless!
Very nice.

Now irrelevant complaint- I don’t need the Edit function all the time but hard wiring a scriptless option into the page might be nice.

Extending the basic text input field would be higher on my priority list though, one thing at a time, I’d better not test the Webmaster Elves with too many script adverse complaints or it’ll cause more trouble than it’s worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: admin

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
You can collapse that part if you want.

You can quote easily by just hitting the "Reply" in the bottom right of the post you want to quote.

Yes, thank you Kevin, I figured it out this morning shortly after my post!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Another thought, with the Main Category area collapsed, the default setting is 20 threads per page. Viewing on a PC, there is a lot of real estate left below the 20 threads...maybe increase the page thread count...?

Status
Not open for further replies.