PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Went with my BIL to a smoke shop today. It is on my way home from work, but neither of us had ever been there before. They had a big selection of pipes and tobacco. I picked up a new Dr. Grabow Lark, my BIL found a bent Lark. I picked up some Carter Hall and a zipper pouch that holds a pipe and tobacco.
We had a good time, broke the pipes in on the trip back. He normally smokes Half and Half, but he liked the Carter Hill better. At this rate my pipe rack will be full before you know it.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
It is fun do have things in common with your family. Sounds like a fund trip.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I love my Grabow, great little smoker and Carter Hall is my go to tobacco. Sounds like a great day!

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I wish folks in my family smoke pipes. My grandfather used to but when I talk to him about it, while encouraging in my passion, is very dismissive being a non-smoker these days.
Good luck with your BIL and have fun!

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I will try and get some pics of the pouch later on, it is hard for me to move pictures at the moment.
This shop is in New Salsibury, IN. Nothing special I am sure, but pretty handy for me, as the shop I visited last Thursday night was rather out of my way.
Thinking about it Dr. Grabow where the high end pipes there. Thats OK by me, I like them and also like that they are an American made product. Some are dismissive of them being machine made, if you are going to compete in the market machine made should not be a bad word.

I would rather see imployed Americans running machines than the jobs going overseas.
I am sure there are better products out there, but at this point I don't feel like I am suffering with second rate.
My BIL and I do a lot of things together, I have been in the family 25 years and he has been in 20 himself. I am a blessed man to have close inlaws.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dr. Grabows, a whole lot of pipe for the money. Good pipe, good tobacco, good company; you can't top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.