PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Outside of my comfort zone once again.... I purchased a rusticated pipe. I hate rustication! But I've been intrigued by Savinelli's Noce, meaning nut in Italian, in which they are rusticated to resemble a walnut, especially once I saw one someone posted on Facebook that had colored to a beautiful golden brown. I also love that the Noce line come with two stems, one black and one swirled that I can best describe as creamer freshly poured into a cup of coffee.
The Noce
_MG_1843copiacopia_ZVrbfOi9eZog_large.jpg

_MG_1842copiacopia_SCyntDTwHmKC_large.jpg

I think that coffee creamer stem is going to look slick once the pipe begins to color. I think this one's going to be fun to watch.
The other one is another unfinished Savinelli 320... 1 because they're very inexpensive, 2 because it's fun to watch them color, and 3 because my other unfinished Sav 320 smokes like a dream, and 4 because I've been tempted to put a stain on my old one but at the same time think it would be a shame to miss out on the natural coloring. Now I can stain one and keep the other natural.
The Savinelli Unfinished
_MG_3433copiacopia_dlSD1tZ9gQbi_large.jpg

_MG_3434copiacopia_mnzXxUmzXKsZ_large.jpg

It looks like this one is hiding a load of birdseye on it :mrgreen: Now for what hopefully isn't too long of a wait.

Jan 8, 2013
Coldsmoke, they're both acrylic. Weedsnager, the Noce can be currently found at smokingpipes.com , tobaccopipes.com , and I got mine at Bollitopipes along with the Unfinished (called Greza on Bollito). Metalhead, I love watching unfinished pipes color naturally.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I have an unfinished 622 Pot. Great smoker for sure. Long time and awful taste breaking it in. Best bang for the buck. Three or four months changes color into a nice golden brown......Looking to get another smaller one for Virginia's.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Congrats on those, Anthony. That rustic is just...well....NUTS! If you look closely, do you see a Sav shield on the bottom of your unfinished? I have the same pipe, and mine does have a shield. No other stamping.
You can get a Sav 320 in the unfinished lines (Greza or Series lll), Sav Rossi, and others as well...at this site: https://paylesscigarsandpipes.com Their prices were the absolute lowest I found for a new 320. Click on 'pipes', and then click search option "prices lot to high". You'll see some great pipes for low prices, including the various Sav lines. When you see the Greza and Series lll...don't be discouraged when you don't see a 320 in the stock group images...just email James and ask if they have the 320 shape available; I actually emailed him a stock 320 image, and he then confirmed that they did have the 320 shape in the lines I wanted. James even picked out the unfinished 320 for me which had the fewest briar blemishes! Hit me with a private message if you'd like his email address. I'm glad to refer this site because James was so good with customer service. I had my pipes in just a few days. They came in pipe socks as well.

Jan 8, 2013
Aquadoc, one of my unfinished Savs has one and another has six. So it varies. But the Grezza/Unfinished/Series III range from 30 to 50 dollars. So they're not expected to be free of flaws. But they smoke well and it's fun to watch them color.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Are those 6mm filter pipes? On SP.com most of the 320's seem to be 6mm.

Jan 8, 2013
Are those 6mm filter pipes? On SP.com most of the 320's seem to be 6mm.
The Savinelli Noce does take a filter, but I just don't use them or the insert. The Unfinished/Grezza/Series III do not take a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.