PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypilot

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2017
Did a crack in the FDA door just appear? It was just about a year ago, when P&C shuttered many of the Russ' Monthly Blends. Now, there's a new one, just announced today. Is there hope yet for other new blends? Naturally, my heart beats fast for Lane to continue on with the other Edgeworth clones, so this really caught my attention. Or, is it meaningless?

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
To misquote The Ramones, "The FDA took my Baccy away..."
The FDA hasn't done anything yet regarding pipe tobacco. Anything dropped to date was simply voluntary.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Incorrect.

The FDA has stopped the introduction of new blends without their approval. The word “new”, however, is relative. Lots of wiggle room there. For example, if a manufacturer has registered a blend that is 100% Virginia, then they can put out “new” blends by using different strains and vintages of Virginia, ala “Christmas Cheer”.
I have no actual insight on this specific blend, though.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Fudge Cake was something that we sold in our (former) brick & mortar store, so since it was sold previously, we were able to bring it back.
Russ

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I look forward to trying Fudge Cake!

I REALLY wish you would bring back Scotty's VR blend!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a big aromatic guy, and when I smoke 'em, I go for whiskey, rum, and liqueurs. But I greatly enjoy Russ's blends, so if I were a chocolate aro smoker, I'd grab some ounces of this.

skypilot

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2017
Thanks, Russ. Still hoping for more FDA sense. (sorry for the oxymoron). I'll probably sample the the Fudge Cake at some point, since it sounds like it's tobacco forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.